INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download manager and emusic  (Read 3581 times)

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
Download manager and emusic
« on: March 05, 2003, 08:57:58 am »

The download manger is not crashing nearly as much now, thanks! I'm using it daily with emusic. Here are a couple of the more serious issues:

1. Download manager sets track number in filename to 01 or 02 when downloading from emusic. Track number is correct in MP3 file properties. File is named correctly when using emusic's download manager.

2. Download manager does not detect/indicate when emusic requires a password before download.  Example, emusic has "signed out" the user so the next download request would normally display the emusic password request page in the browser. When DM is running, the web browser page does not change and the password request page is never displayed. I workaround the problem by closing DM and re-clicking on the album or song and the emusic password request is displayed.

-----------------------------
Config
-----------------------------
Windows 2000 SP3, 1.5 GHz P4, 1GB RAM
MJ 9.0.124 [registered]
Download Manager Version 1.0.139
--"Enable auto-rename from EMP & RMP information" is enabled.
--Directory Rule: "ARTIST\ALBUM"
--Filename Rule: "ARTIST - ALBUM - TRACK# - NAME"

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Download manager and emusic
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 12:55:10 pm »

BlueGlow,

I fixed number 1, but am having trouble following #2. Can you tell me the steps I can take to produce the problem and the behavior you expect?

Steve (JRiver)

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 03:27:42 pm »

#1 fixed, thanks!

#2 Steps to reproduce:
    a. Open emusic.com in web browser.
    b. Verify that you are "logged out" of emusic.
    c.  Launch the JRiver download manager.
    d. In the web browser go to an emusic album listing such as this URL   http://www.emusic.com/cd/10751/10751048.html
    e. Click on the green check mark icon next to the first track listing to download the song.
   Result: The web browser does not appear "busy", it does not react in any way.  The song does not start downloading in the JRiver download manager. If you were logged in to emusic then the track would begin downloading in the JRiver download manager.

If you repeat the same steps when the JRiver download manager is not running, the emusic login page will be displayed in the web browser.

This is a bigger problem because emusic seems to log the user out often and unexpectedly.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 03:29:57 pm »

BTW, the logout option is on the top right corner of the emusic site.

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 03:07:49 am »

This is a bigger problem because emusic seems to log the user out often and unexpectedly.
Yes , and it is a pain in the a..,I HATE IT.

But i do not understand why you take this way.
If you fill DM from Emusic - means you are login- , you can fill as much as you want.
When a link is in DM , you do not have problem to download it. Even with your browser close. Even if you close DM and computer. You can restart your downloads.

Or i'am wrong? I do not use DM since few weeks  cause i do not like the Emusic sleeves - to small-
I use Zinf and i can restart downloads , even after few days

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 07:16:52 am »

I have experienced the same problem, it times out fast, totally arbitrary when it happens, could be 30 seconds or could be 5 minutes, but completely random. The only way back is to logout of Em, then log back in, repeatedly.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 08:25:02 am »

BlueGlow and WarrenPeace,

When the next build of MC comes out, check this out again. I just added a fix that should bring you to a login page if you are not logged in at Emusic. Please let me know how it works out for you.

Steve

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2003, 09:56:17 am »

Thanks, will do.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2003, 10:53:40 am »

Thanks Steve, will check it out.

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2003, 01:42:17 pm »

Just got MC 9.0.126, love the new icon.

Tested problem #1 - Almost fixed. The track # should be two chars and always have a leading 0 when below 10.

Test problem #2 - Almost fixed. A browser window with the emusic login does open, but it opens underneath the orginal emusic broswer window where I clicked on the song/album to download. I like having the second window open. It makes it easier to retry the original download request. It would be better if it opened over the original window.

Thanks!

SteveG

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2003, 05:50:53 am »

BlueGlow,

Request #1 is fixed in the next build.

In regards to request #2, I can't duplicate.  Here is what I tried....

1) Verified I was not logged in to emusic

2) Started Download Manager.

3) Clicked on your link above.

4) Started to download the file.

A Login screen popped up on top of my emusic browser. I logged in and then went to emusic file I wanted to download from this browser. This worked as planned. Am I doing something different from you?

Steve

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2003, 08:34:49 am »

Thanks, Steve.
Testing again...
Test 1 -
Steps: Open new browser window, go to www.emusic.com, already logged out, choose first featured album, choose random song.

Result: Login window replaces original emusic window in the same browser. Login, click back twice to album page, click song and song downloads correctly.

Tests: 2 - 10
Same steps.
Result: Login window pops under original emusic window in a new browser. Login, close new browser,  click song and song downloads correctly.

Strange. Test one was completely different behavior. Tests 2 - 10 did the "pop under".

I am a software developer, maybe I can help debug it on my end. Do you mind if I ask technically what method you are using to launch the browser to load the emusic login URL?

SteveG

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2003, 09:22:23 am »

BlueGlow,

Here is the call to launch  the browser.....

HINSTANCE h = ShellExecute(NULL, _T("open"),strDirectory ,strDownloadPath, NULL, SW_SHOW);

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Steve

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2003, 02:24:52 pm »

Steve,
What values are you passing for strDirectory and strDownloadPath?

B

SteveG

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2003, 05:17:04 am »

B,

strDirectory = path to iExplore.exe

strDownloadPath = url of the file being downloaded

Steve

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2003, 12:14:06 pm »

Steve,
Thanks, I tried it with a small app. It always popped up as a new browser window over the other windows. Can't guess why it's popping under when the download manager launches it. This one isn't a big issue for me as long as I can tell when I have been logged out which the new version handles.

Thanks for all your help!
 BG

SteveG

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2003, 01:06:36 pm »

BG,

Thanks for taking a crack at it. Another odd thing is that it appears on top for me on several computers.

If you are set, lets drop it for now.

Thanks,

Steve

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2003, 05:53:40 pm »

Steve,

This doesn't seem right. After a couple of downloads, it pops up this new window (on top for me, btw) and I login and then every link after that, new window pop-up-login, doesn't matter how long, even if just seconds later, I always get the pop-up login sequence every time.

I tried Zinf per zevele's suggestion, and I can download unlimited, it never asks me for the login in the same session. Can't this be fixed, it's gotta be DM in MC related.

Thanks,

WP

SteveG

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2003, 03:41:35 pm »

WP,

When you see the pop up, can you verify that you are indeed logged in to emusic? (Just to be sure that the box is popping up in error. I know it seems impossible that you are not logged in, but who knows)

Steve

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2003, 06:21:54 pm »

Well, I just logged back in seconds before, so I should be logged in.

Basically, I log in and click on links and download, and after about five mintes of this, I get the pop-up when trying a link (say the fourth or fifth album in a succession of downloads) I then log-in again from the pop-up and the download link I was trying when the pop-up came up starts to download in DM. Then I click on another download link (mere seconds later) and I get the pop-up again, and again, and...once I see the login pop-up, I will see it nearly every time I try a link thereafter.

Secondly, when trying a link with MC open but I haven't opened DM, DM tries to open (in a weird half-drawn window) and I get an error message saying user doesn't exist.

Thanks,

WP

SteveG

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2003, 07:43:38 am »

WP,

I could not duplicate this here with 9.0.129. Can anyone else duplicate WP's problems?

Steve

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2003, 07:36:02 pm »

Am getting the same behavior in both 134 and 135. Reduced number of simultaneous d/ls from 6 to 3, seems a little better, but cannot queue up more than 2-3 albums at the same time without running into the problem - new EMusic window opens, I have to log in again, I'm redirected to an mp3.com page that never opens, and eventually the new album appears (sometimes) in Download Manager.

System info:

Media Center Registered 9.0.135 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2019 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 146 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

HTH

SteveG

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2003, 07:58:33 am »

HTH,

Using 9.0.135 on XP, I just started Download Manager, logged into eMusic and downloaded 5 albums with simultaneous donwloads set to 7 with no problem.

Can you give me any more info on how to recreate this potential bug? Perhaps, what albums are you downloading or any other specifics such as the sequence of starting MC, Download Manager and logging into eMusic?

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up