INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 28.0.79 for Debian Buster (amd64, i386, arm64 and armhf)  (Read 2188 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is the latest build of MC28 for Linux.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:

amd64  https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter-28.0.79-amd64.deb
i386      https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter-28.0.79.deb
arm64   https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter-28.0.79-arm64.deb
armhf    https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter-28.0.79-armhf.deb

Also in the latest repo.

28.0.79 (10/26/2021)

1. Fixed: When switching from one RTSP (OpenCable) TV channel to another channel of the same type without stopping the first channel first, MC would hang.
2. NEW: Added DCI-P3-D65 to the available target gamuts in JRVR.
3. Changed: Adjusted the JRVR HDR tonemapping defaults for a better out-of-the-box experience.
4. Changed: You can grab and drag any tab instead of only the active one.
5. Fixed: Dragging tabs in a split view was not working nicely.
6. Changed: Temporarily removed the audio path information from transcoding DLNA files since under some rare circumstances it could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Enabled the JRVR settings for Target Gamut and Gamma, and added more advanced tonemapping settings.
8. Changed: Added a debugging mode to JRVR to log frame timings for diagnosing frame pacing issues.
9. Changed: Reworked when HDCD processing is done to avoid possible volume changes during a track transition.

28.0.78 (10/22/2021)

1. Changed: Made toggling the tooltips with the toolbar button roll through all three states.
2. Fixed: Google lyrics lookup could contain HTML spans.
3. Fixed: A crash or blank screen from Redraw changes in build 28.0.78.

28.0.77 (10/21/2021)

1. Changed: Made number trimming include more characters when it trims the start and end of a string so "ABC (4:03)" will become "ABC".
2. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Added the ability to add a clock to the toolbar.
4. NEW: Made the tooltip option three states with one being all tooltips off.
5. NEW: Initial settings panel for JRVR (in Settings -> Video -> JRVR Settings...)
6. NEW: Added modes 7 and 8 to the Clean(...) expression to remove numbers from the end of the string ( 7 ) or either side of the string ( 8 ).
7. NEW: Added removing leading and trailing numbers to the Clean File Properties tool.
8. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
9. Changed: Twilight gets darker during the night and doesn't get brighter than default during the day.
10. Fixed: In Standard TV View, show logos do not show up after a channel was selected until the user left the channel and then came back to the same channel.
11. Fixed: Once a file was flagged as HDCD, analyzing again would not see the HDCD.
12. Fixed: The new calculated unless filled fields didn't work well in all cases in panes or searches.
13. Fixed: Spacebar to pause wasn't working if the tree was focused.
14. Changed: In Standard TV View the show logo images reserved a fixed width rectangle so that the text and buttons on its right side will not be shifted around whenever the image's aspect ratio changes.
15. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
16. Changed: Audio analysis will engage HDCD processing if it's enabled (you might need to reanalyze your HDCD files).
17. NEW: Added an information message box to the skin to show sunrise, sunset, and the current effect.
18. Changed: The spacing between rows in a list would add room for the image column even if it wasn't there.
19. Changed: Setting HDCD to "1" will clear the audio analysis results so they run again (since enabling processing changes the results).
20. Changed: Improved handling of timestamps when dealing with Transport Stream streaming TV channels (DMS channels, some IPTV channels, and CableCARD channels on Linux/Mac).
21. Fixed (probably): Playback of Transport Stream streaming TV channels could be messed up if the stream changed its Program Clock Reference (outside of regular resetting due to counter overflow).
22. Changed: The spacing between item rows in a list would leave space for an image column even if it wasn't there.
23. Fixed: Some expression code was slowing things down.
24. Changed: Twilight is lighter between sunrise and sunset then darkens at sunset (gradual fading for 30 minutes on either side).
25. Fixed: MHT support in View Extras wasn't fully implemented.
26. NEW: Added a checkbox to library fields "Allow custom data to override the expression" that will allow editing the value of an expression and then show the edited value instead of the expression (just empty to bring the expression back).
27. Changed: The Twilight skin no longer changes the skin effects.
28. Changed: The Twilight skin fading would not take effect until a little while after it was loaded.
29. NEW: JRVR supports video size, aspect ratio and position adjustments.
30. Changed: Redraw code tweaked. Please report regressions.
31. Fixed: A clock function was displaying seconds when it shouldn't and wasn't locale compliant.
32. Fixed: The watch/record/cover art in Standard mode TV display wasn't updating.

28.0.73 (10/8/2021)

1. Changed: HDCD files no longer get +6 dB applied to them by volume levelling.
2. NEW: Added a new skin Twilight that varies with the time of day (based on the default skin).
3. Changed: DLNA flags set for album art and images to be more compliant with the standard.
4. Changed: When waking from a deep sleep mode, MC will send a M-Search to ask DLNA devices on the network to re-announce their presence.
5. Changed: The expression engine was short-circuiting field functions, but it no longer does that if there are enough parameters to indicate another file so Field(Name, 0, [Reference]) works.
6. Changed: Added an optional third parameter to the Counter expression function to set when to start over.
7. Fixed: For IPTV playback a "Window" context menu (for aspect ratio, zooming etc.) was displayed in error as it's not supported.
8. Changed: A pane right-click menu would be really limited if "Enable pane tagging" was not enabled.  Now it is the same either way.
9. NEW: Added mht to the list of types searched for viewing extras.
10. NEW: Added "Lock Tab" to the main view menu so it appears for all views even if they don't have a header menu (like television and notes).
11. Changed: Copies are limited to 256 MB instead of 16 MB.
12. Changed: Made the Field expression function take an optional third parameter to specify a file key (defaults to empty which evaluates the current file).
13. Changed: The brackets for fields also support the new third parameter.
14. NEW: When setting a field to an expression, a "this" variable is saved so doing something like =RemoveLeft([this], 3) will work.
15. Changed: The MCC_SYNC_WITH_LIBRARY_SERVER command takes a silent parameter (optionally).
16. NEW: Made FieldQuery take a Scope of 2 to match files of the same media type (the list is gathered one time, so you will need to restart to see newly imported files).
17. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
18. Fixed: Removing cover art from FLAC files could fail if the picture was saved as FLAC__STREAM_METADATA_PICTURE_TYPE_OTHER.
19. Fixed: "TV Recording" context menu was not shown for DMS or IPTV channel playback.
20. Fixed: For IPTV playback a "Window" context menu (for aspect ratio, zooming etc.) was displayed in error as it's not supported.
21. NEW: CableCARD tuner devices are supported on Linux and Mac using RTSP streaming (OpenCable).
22. NEW: Added a checkbox to library fields "Allow custom data to override the expression" that will allow editing the value of an expression and then show the edited value instead of the expression (just empty to bring the expression back).

28.0.68 (9/24/2021)

1. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Fixed: Lyrics lookup could be incomplete from Genius.com.
3. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
4. Fixed: Typing a space in the search box in Cloudplay would pause instead of enter the space.
5. Changed: A little more tuning to tab creation to hopefully avoid some possible problems.
6. Fixed: MC could hang if TV recording was started on a channel with no signal.
7. Changed: If an OpenCABLE or Sat>IP channel has no signal for 30 consecutive seconds, a notification is sent to TV engine and the tuner will be shutdown.
8. Changed: Made opening a new tab have no history.
9. Fixed: Locking a tab then navigating into an artist, genre, etc. and then going back would open a new tab.
10. Fixed: IPTV channels streaming HLS format might end up not playing if MC failed to get its MIME type during start up, even though the URL contains "m3u8" extension.

28.0.64 (9/14/2021)

1. Fixed: MC could hang if TV recording was started on a channel with no signal.
2. NEW: Video uses the Vulcan API in place of OpenGL. See the wikipedia entry for details. Feedback needed.
3. NEW: Added a description field to custom database fields.
4. Changed: Added mime types "application/vnd.apple.mpegurl" and "application/x-mpegurl" to be associated with m3u playlist.
5. Fixed: Non-HLS IPTV streams in transport stream format could not be played in TV engine.
6. NEW: The field description is shown in the column header tooltip.
7. NEW: Updated to Monkey's Audio 7.02 for greatly increased performance (thanks to Robert Kausch).
8. Changed: Removed left-click handling from the text area of the program.  Only right-click shows the menu now.
9. Changed: After successfully completing a rip using MakeMKV, eject the disc if requested.
10. Changed: Reverted the VST scaling support changes because reports are that it's not better.
11. Fixed: Transitioning between images and videos in a playlist would crash.
12. Changed: When IPTV is automatically paused due to buffering, OSD "Buffering..." is shown briefly.
13. Fixed: Loading saved views was not always working properly.

28.0.61 (9/9/2021)

1. Fixed: Editing files could not work properly when none were selected (which should show as all selected).
2. Fixed: Improved the ordinal code because 11 would show 11st instead of 11th.
3. Fixed: Some date lookups would fail because a full date was returned and we were expecting only a year.
4. Changed: Improved error handling in IPTV playback.
5. Changed: IPTV playback will automatically pause if data downloading is slow and playback will resume if enough is buffered.
6. Fixed: Returning from Cover View would not restore the window size and position properly.
7. Fixed: When flipping composer names between first and last, an extra space could stay at the front (might cause lookup problems).
8. Fixed: Lyrics lookup could return results with empty newlines at the end.
9. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
10. Changed: Updated all language files to have the latest strings from the source code.
11. Changed: OPUS files are detected even if they're named OGG.
12. Changed: Added the 1x, 2x, etc. markers after the sample rate in the bitstreaming dialog for DSD.
13. Changed: Revised the tab lock image so it will show better on dark skins.
14. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
15. NEW: Made a dedicated "Set skin" choice in scheduler so the command line isn't needed.
16. Fixed: Playing a currently recording IPTV channel did not work correctly.
17. Changed: When saving recent searches, if only one character is changed (even in the middle of a string) it will replace the entry instead of add a new one.
18. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
19. Changed: The math evaluator accepts pluses in front of numbers to denote them being positive.
20. NEW: Added the MCWS function Settings/Skin to allow changing skins (allows scheduler to be used to schedule skin switches by running something like MC28.exe /MCWS/v1/Settings/Skin?Skin=Noire).
21. Fixed: IPTV channel could not be viewed if a recording had been started on the channel.
22. Changed: IPTV channels start up is significantly faster.
23. Changed: VST effects report to the system that they don't support scaling of the monitor independently so they are scaled by the system (feedback appreciated).

HaWi

28.0.79 is much more sluggish on my rPi4 than the previous version.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 2739
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 3792
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4 | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 9345
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 1415
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

bob

• Administrator

28.0.79 is much more sluggish on my rPi4 than the previous version.
In what way?
What are you doing when it appears like that?

((( atom )))

• Recent member

Debian 11 - Nvidia 1050 Ti - X11

Two issues, one of them already reported in earlier versions:
- Upper part of the image belongs to previous frame, visible in pans.
- Possible decoding error, very visible in opening sequence of Alien Covenant. See upper right corner of attached screenshot. THis is not a jpeg artefact, the jpeg looks like what I see on the screen and I checked with mpv, there the artifacts are not present.

[EDIT]
Vieving my post, I see that after being jpegged, attached an probably scaled, the artifact looks much nicer. On my 4k monitor here, it really jumps at you, especially, when the image is moving.
Debian 11 Bullseye - Nvidia 1050 Ti with 4GB RAM - X11@4K24p

((( atom )))

• Recent member

Here a cropped portion, one should get a better idea.

((( atom )))

• Recent member

OK, forget my post about tearing, could fix that using "Full composition pipeline" in NVidia-Setting. Sorry for the noise.

Hendrik

• Administrator

The pattern looks like a bug i'm aware of, you could post a log to confirm, but it'll be fixed in a future update - but unfortunately not right away, since its a bit on the complex side.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

((( atom )))

• Recent member

Playing around with it further I noticed that on some of my movies playback stops every 5 or so seconds. Other movies run fine. Of course I checked with mpv, which plays all of them fine. It either resumes, when I press the right arrow for seeking or is frozen. In the latter case I have to kill mediacenter28. I saw an option for debugging in the video settings. Would this help to hunt down such issues? In that case I could start up the machine again and get a log.

ths61

• World Citizen

Debian 11-64, Intel CPU

1) When switching between "AUDIO-ONLY" mode and back, the dialog says the program will restart, but does not.

2) When playing YouTube content, it does not use the selected "Audio Device".

3) FLOAT32_LE and FLOAT64_LE options are not offered.
Main - JRMC31 -> custom ALSA_cdsp -> CamillaDSP(2x8 channel 64-bit FIR convolution) -> 8 channel DAC
Office - JRMC31 -> Asus Xonar Essence STX -> W4S STI-1000 -> Mini-Magnepans
Shop - JRMC31 -> W4S MicroDAC -> Adcom GFA-2535 -> B&W Rock Solid

HaWi

In what way?
What are you doing when it appears like that?
Scrolling through a Panes view is very slow now, both on the rPi and on the Synology. It comes to a complete stop after about half a screen's worth and after that just jumps every few seconds.
Thanks for looking into this
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 2739
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 3792
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4 | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 9345
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 1415
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team

Holy cow, super excited about JRVR, I miss madVR (no windows).

So, I'm on a wayland session mostly, you guys want bug reports from this environment at this point?

Plasma5/Tumbleweed/Wayland
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam

Holy cow, super excited about JRVR, I miss madVR (no windows).

So, I'm on a wayland session mostly, you guys want bug reports from this environment at this point?

Plasma5/Tumbleweed/Wayland
Yes, please.
Pages: [1]   Go Up