INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request with JRVR: Workaround for picture positioning  (Read 407 times)

thorsten

• World Citizen
Feature request with JRVR: Workaround for picture positioning
« on: November 02, 2021, 02:20:52 pm »

Hi all,

as I now use JRVR as standard, the only thing I really miss is the automatic shift of movie to the bottom of the screen.
This can manually done with the osd -> settings -> shift.
2.35:1 equals 13%

My question: can't this be done automatically?
e.g reading the movie ratio from the tag and then setting this parameter automatic (but still accessable via osd, if the movie has too many subtitles)

Greetings,

Thorsten

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Feature request with JRVR: Workaround for picture positioning
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 03:11:37 pm »

One Idea that may work now....

When you playback a video in MC and make an adjustment (say moving the Subtitles), these details are stored in the "Playback Info" field and these values are used the next time that title is played (eg you only have to set it once).  You can also prepopulate that information across all your items, and hence you may be able to use an "Expression" do that (which I'm no good at) or even just copy the values from one "Playback Info" field to others of similar construction.

I don't know all the syntax used in the "Playback Info" field but as an example, I move the Subtitles Down 15% on a couple of BD and found these details were added to the "Playback Info" Field:

Code: [Select]
(1:3)(12:SubtitleSize)(1:1)(16:SubtitleTimingMS)(1:0)(14:SubtitleShiftY)(4:0.15)
(1:5)(12:SubtitleSize)(1:1)(16:SubtitleTimingMS)(1:0)(7:Streams)(5:0,1,3)(2:CC)(1:0)(14:SubtitleShiftY)(4:0.15)

The key bit here is the "(14:SubtitleShiftY)(4:0.15)" which looks like is saying, Shift the Subtitle down 15% but in my quick testing just adding that is not enough, something in the preceding part of the string is also needed.... so some testing is needed.  You may want to adjust a few of your Subtitle settings and see what pattern is used in playback info then copy that string to other "Playback Info" fields and see if it has the desired effect.
JRiver CEO Elect

thorsten

• World Citizen
Re: Feature request with JRVR: Workaround for picture positioning
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 12:06:52 pm »

Hi,

Smart idea. I will Play a little bit with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up