INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qobuz and JRiver Volume  (Read 1948 times)

Bioman

• Recent member
Qobuz and JRiver Volume
« on: November 10, 2021, 04:08:31 pm »

Please move if posted to the wrong forum.  I like JRiver, I like Qobuz.  I do not currently have them integrated using JRiver.  When using each separately I notice that I need the volume much higher (around 10 Db.) in JRiver than Qobuz for the same tune.  Wondering if this is normal or am I doing something wrong with JRiver?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Qobuz and JRiver Volume
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 05:15:39 pm »

Bioman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 08:12:29 pm »

I looked at it.  It seems to refer to playing music in the JRiver application; I can see where that might be nice if it does not muck with the dynamic range.  I might try this for JRiver and see how it behaves.  However, it does not appear to have anything to do with Qobuz running as a separate and distinct application unless I am missing something.  Appreciate the reference though.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 06:41:09 am »

You can run any separate application and feed it into MC's WDM Driver (on the wiki).  That might do what you want.

Bioman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 08:09:12 am »

That was the next step I was going to try; I am a little hesitant as I read reports of quirky hard to fix issues associated with doing this.  Will do it if that is what is needed.

On a side note.  What complicates all of this is that I am recently using Dirac Live 3 DPS which introduces another link in the chain. 

PS, Dirac DSP is amazing.  I have used others before which do well below 300hz; this does astonishingly well full range.  The improvement from this $350 program eclipsed several high-cost upgrades I did recently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up