INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 28.0.94 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 6449 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 28.0.94 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: December 13, 2021, 08:03:42 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 28.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter280094-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter280094.exe (works on all systems)

28.0.94 (12/9/2021)

1. Changed: Another attempt to fix wiggling on mouse over of image thumbnails (previous attempt was causing drawing out of bounds in some cases).
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start when using the Twilight skin.

28.0.93 (12/7/2021)

1. Fixed: The thumbnail in a list could jiggle a little on mouse over.
2. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playlist/AddFiles.
3. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playlist/Clear.
4. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playlist/RemoveFiles.
5. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playlist/RemoveDuplicates.
6. Fixed: Resolved an issue that could result in not all JRVR settings being saved consistently when interacting with the settings dialog.
7. Changed: Changed the method of Taskbar notification of TV recording status so that it will work even if MC is pinned to the Taskbar.

28.0.92 (12/6/2021)

1. NEW: JRVR will show rendering performance metrics on the Info OSD (Ctrl-J).
2. NEW: Chroma upscaling in JRVR can be enhanced by using Bilateral scaling (Chroma upscaling guided by Luma).
3. NEW: Image upscaling in JRVR can use advanced Image Doubling algorithms for enhanced quality when playing low resolution videos.
4. Fixed: Resource leak in build 91 relating to TV recording manager, which might lead to crashes.

28.0.91 (12/5/2021)

1. NEW: MC's Taskbar icon will change to indicate that it is recording TV.
2. Fixed: JRVR could crash when using SuperRes in combination with Hardware Decoding.
3. Fixed: External subtitles did not start rendering with JRVR in all cases.

28.0.90 (12/3/2021)

1. Changed: Revised the method for getting sunrise and sunset times to hopefully work better outside the US.
2. NEW: IPTV channel setup will make use of channel ID (tvg-id) and channel logo (tvg-logo) data if they exist in the channel list m3u file.
3. Changed: Introduced more advanced options for JRVR to control dithering and a few performance related options.
4. NEW: Implemented SuperRes Enhancement for upscaling with JRVR. SuperRes refines the image after upscaling for more sharpness and reduced artifacts.

28.0.89 (12/2/2021)

1. Fixed: Recording on an OTA or other physical tuners could fail due to tuner conflicts, even though the channel was grouped with IPTV channels.
2. Fixed: JRVR in combination with hardware decoding could show a faint bright line at the bottom of the image in certain resolutions.
3. Fixed: If we are unable to get the sunrise and sunset times from the web, we'll do a better job of loading the default times.

28.0.88 (11/30/2021)

1. Changed: "Video -> Display Settings -> Wait after change" can be used when Display Settings are set to On/Auto, instead of only in Custom mode.
2. Fixed: Hardware deinterlacing in JRVR in combination with hardware decoding could result in a green line artifact on some videos.
3. Changed: When loading sunrise and sunset times for the Twilight skin it will use the default times instead of nothing if it fails to load.
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Changed: The TV Status from the server is also copied to clipboard on the client requesting the info.
6. NEW: Added "Server TV Logs" in Standard TV View, on clients.
7. NEW: In Theater View, videos that are still being recorded in TV engine will have a red dot in front of their names.
8. Fixed: A DLNA Server bug when a user selected formats to be converted. These were lost as a result of the change in 28.0.81 to make the default to be original format.

28.0.87 (11/26/2021)

1. Fixed: When switching zooming preset ("Fit Window", "100%", "200%"), in non-DirectShow TV playback, using the "Window" context menu added in the last build, the video might not be centered properly.
2. Fixed: Subtitles could boost the overall image brightness in JRVR when using HDR pass-through.
3. Changed: The JRVR information OSD is scaled by the Media Center size setting.
4. NEW: TV view in Standard View will have the option to "Show server status" when MC is connected to a server.
5. Changed: Lowered the brightness of subtitles when using HDR pass-through with JRVR to be more consistent with SDR content, as well as improve the color reproduction.
6. Changed: When an input sample rate is different from any of the preset sample rates, the closest match will be chosen for resampling.

28.0.86 (11/23/2021)

1. NEW: HDR10 pass-through with Red October JRVR.
2. NEW: Support for 10-bit output with Red October JRVR.
3. NEW: Added an information on-screen display to JRVR (Ctrl-J to toggle).
4. Changed: The "Window" context menu (for video zooming and aspect ratio control) is now enabled for non-DirectShow playback of live TV as well.
5. NEW: Support for Frame-Stepping (Shift-Right Arrow in Pause) with Red October JRVR.

28.0.85 (11/19/2021)

1. Fixed: Blu-ray Menu playback with JRVR could get stuck or end prematurely.
2. Changed: TV engine will always insert "AVI Decompressor" filter when building DirectShow graphs for device "USB Capture HDMI+".
3. Changed: TV channel playback that does not use DirectShow (i.e. IPTV and DMS channels) will use the new JRVR video renderer instead of the OpenGL renderer.
4. Fixed: Rare crash when stopping TV playback of channel types not using DirectShow.
5. Fixed: When switching to and from Twilight the skin effects could stay engaged.
6. Fixed: Loading skins with skin effects could load the effect after it had already loaded some pieces so the effect wouldn't engage properly.

28.0.84 (11/16/2021)

1. Fixed: The TV feature added in build 83 did not quite work correctly.
2. Changed: When playing a ATSC TV recording, MC will try to honor "Subtitles & Language" settings "Show subtitles in selected language if available", "Show subtitles only if selected subtitle language is different from audio language", "Show subtitles only if selected subtitle language is different from audio languagem, or if the subtitles are in a sidecar file", if Closed Captioning metadata had been saved in database during recording (i.e. the recordings are done using the latest version of MC).
3. Changed: JRVR will report the actual screen refresh rate to VideoClock for more accurate timing adjustments.
4. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
5. NEW: The Playback OSD is rendered natively with JRVR.
6. NEW: Support for Blu-ray Menu playback with JRVR.
7. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
8. NEW: Added Options > Audio > Advanced > Stop after a long pause.
9. Fixed: Analog TV tuner and video capture devices were not using JRVR as selected by users.

28.0.83 (11/11/2021)

1. Fixed: Some static text controls would load colors initially then not update with skin changes.
2. Fixed: Some list controls wouldn't update text colors when skins changed.
3. Changed: Improved timeout in JRVR when detecting rendering glitches to allow a more graceful recovery.
4. NEW: When recording an ATSC TV channel (with tuners using DirectShow), the program's Closed Captioning metadata is saved in the database for the recorded file (in PlaybackInfo field).

28.0.82 (11/9/2021)

1. Changed: Improved JRVR timing accuracy when using NTSC-style display refresh rates (eg. 23.976 Hz).
2. NEW: Support for DVD playback with Red October JRVR.

28.0.81 (11/8/2021)

1. NEW: Enabled context menu items "Go To Earliest Time" and "Go To Latest Time" in time-shifted TV playback with DMS and IPTV channels.
2. Fixed: The "Tuner Type" drop-down on Configure Device dialog window did not offer proper choices with IPTV tuner.
3. Changed: "Disabled" is removed from choices in "Tuner Type" drop-down if the TV type is "IPTV" since there is no real device to be disabled.
4. Changed: The option "Disable VideoClock when not time-shifting" is no longer shown if the devices are DMS, or IPTV since non-time-shifting mode is not offered for these types.
5. NEW: "This device uses a separate audio capture filter" option in TV tuner configuration dialog window, for analog TV tuners or video capture devices.
6. Fixed: When running an analog TV tuner or a video capture device with Closed Caption option on, and video could fail to play if Closed Caption rendering failed.  With this fix, video will play without CC when CC rendering fails.
7. Changed: When playing an ATSC TV recording, the video option "Always show subtitles" in "Subtitles & Language" section will be obeyed and Closed Captioning will be shown (if available) unless the file's PlaybackInfo tag specifically says to turn it off.  This is applicable only when playing videos in using DirectShow filters.
8. Changed: Moved the Gammut and Gamma JRVR options into an "Advanced" section, as well as re-factored the Gamma option to properly indicate the intent and suggested use.
9. Fixed: JRVR would process SDR video with a HDR brightness adaptation, resulting in boosted black levels.
10. NEW: The DLNA server defaults (when no server existed previously) to original format since many modern renderers have greater capabilities than in the past.
11. NEW: Added a DLNA server template for Original Format.

28.0.80 (10/26/2021)

1. NEW: Added DCI-P3-D65 to the available target gamuts in JRVR.
2. Changed: Adjusted the JRVR HDR Tonemapping defaults for a better out-of-the-box experience.
3. Changed: You can grab and drag any tab instead of only the active one.
4. Fixed: Dragging tabs in a split view was not working nicely.

28.0.79 (10/25/2021)

1. Changed: Made toggling the tooltips with the toolbar button roll through all three states.
2. Fixed: Google lyrics lookup could contain HTML spans.
3. Changed: Enabled the JRVR settings for Target Gamut and Gamma, and added more advanced tonemapping settings.
4. Changed: Added a debugging mode to JRVR to log frame timings for diagnosing frame pacing issues.
5. Changed: Reworked when HDCD processing is done to avoid possible volume changes during a track transition.

28.0.78 (10/21/2021)

1. Changed: Made number trimming include more characters when it trims the start and end of a string so "ABC (4:03)" will become "ABC".
2. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Added the ability to add a clock to the toolbar.
4. NEW: Made the tooltip option three states with one being all tooltips off.
5. NEW: Initial settings panel for JRVR (in Settings -> Video -> JRVR Settings...)

28.0.77 (10/19/2021)

1. NEW: Added modes 7 and 8 to the Clean(...) expression to remove numbers from the end of the string ( 7 ) or either side of the string ( 8 ).
2. NEW: Added removing leading and trailing numbers to the Clean File Properties tool.
3. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
4. Changed: Twilight gets darker during the night and doesn't get brighter than default during the day.
5. Fixed: Seeking did not work when JRVR is used in TV playback with DirectShow or JTV recordings.
6. Fixed: In Standard TV View, show logos do not show up after a channel was selected until the user left the channel and then came back to the same channel.
7. Fixed: Once a file was flagged as HDCD, analyzing again would not see the HDCD.
8. NEW: Support for D3D11 Hardware decoding and hardware deinterlacing in JRVR.
9. Fixed: The new calculated unless filled fields didn't work well in all cases in panes or searches.
10. Fixed: Spacebar to pause wasn't working if the tree was focused.
11. Changed: In Standard TV View the show logo images reserved a fixed width rectangle so that the text and buttons on its right side will not be shifted around whenever the image's aspect ratio changes.
12. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

~:Eternal Themer:~

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Sound To The Max Baby!
Re: JRiver Media Center 28.0.94 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 03:10:22 pm »

1. Fixed: The thumbnail in a list could jiggle a little on mouse over

its fixed! thank you so much!!!
another thing i notice is when i open the JR the whole program window turns white for bit,
i believe the window rendering changed to the default windows or something? before there was only the white box on left corner...
at least now looks better then before! thank you so much JR team!
plus JR feels more snappier now at ver 28.0.94 for me, placebo or not i love it!
|Topping D90SE - Topping A90|
|AirPulse A300 - Sennheiser HD 820|

PNT

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 07:55:28 am »

Matt, I have 28.0.92 installed. Ran update, to get 28.0.94.
"Help/About" still tells me I have 28.0.92.
Ran update again. Box in lower left, of app, tells me I
am up to date, with 28.0.92??
How do I know if the update was really installed?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 08:06:50 am »

Download and run from this thread.  Check your update channel.

PNT

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 08:19:56 am »

Matt, downloaded from this thread. That fixed it.

FYI: Going through "Help/Update Channels" is what did not work, the first time.

Thank you for your help

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 08:28:06 am »

Matt, downloaded from this thread. That fixed it.

FYI: Going through "Help/Update Channels" is what did not work, the first time.

Thank you for your help

Just remember the update isn't on the stable channel yet, so you'd need to pick "Latest".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 08:41:31 am »

You can read about update channels here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 02:45:28 pm »

7. Changed: Changed the method of Taskbar notification of TV recording status so that it will work even if MC is pinned to the Taskbar.

Was working into the .92 release.
But isn't anylonger showed into .94.

Tried pinned and without.

Fyi, Windows 11.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 06:30:11 pm »

Split Twilight Skin

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 06:42:59 pm »

Fyi, Windows 11.

Can someone else confirm the issue?  I don't have a Windows 11 computer to try it at this moment.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2021, 04:43:18 am »

although settings are for MC to: Startup Interface in Last Location

instead, it consistently opens to the Explorer location instead of the Last Location

I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2021, 12:45:20 pm »

I noticed a rendering hiccup with 28.0.94.

In a panes view, with some frozen columns on the left, horizontal scrolling causes the movable columns to overdraw the frozen ones (rather than being occluded by the frozen ones).  Screenshot attached.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2021, 12:47:37 pm »

In a panes view, with some frozen columns on the left, horizontal scrolling causes the movable columns to overdraw the frozen ones (rather than being occluded by the frozen ones).

Oh, I should also add that, at that moment, I happened to have a non-locked column (Track number) on the very far left.  Removing that column from the view caused scrolling behavior to function correctly (with things moving "behind" the frozen columns).

Thanks,
  Matt

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2021, 11:50:22 am »

Fyi, Windows 11.

I managed to upgrade one computer to Windows 11 and found no issue with the Taskbar icon showing TV recordings are going on.  So it definitely is not a Window 11 vs Windows 10 issue.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2021, 03:30:51 pm »

Thanks Yaobing, I tried another time.
When rolling back to .92 the MC icon changes when making recordings.
When .94 is back installed it doesn't change, at least not onto the machine I'm using. Not sure what could be causing the difference.

BTW Yaobing congrads onto your 10.000Th post onto the forum :-)
I couldn't help noticing the number 9.999 under your name.

Cheers.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2021, 09:50:51 pm »

I've noticed recently that after I stop playback I'm greeted by the Opening... page for a couple of seconds before I'm returned to theater view. This doesn't make a lot of sense ("Opening" while exiting). I don't know if this is a recent change with JRVR but I assume it must be since I think it would have bothered me enough to mention it before.

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2021, 09:27:58 am »

I've noticed recently that after I stop playback I'm greeted by the Opening... page for a couple of seconds before I'm returned to theater view. This doesn't make s while lot of sense ("Opening" while exiting). I don't know if this is a recent change with JRVR but I assume it must be since I think it would have bothered me before.

Might be related. When changing options with JRVR selected, the target screen gets momentarily flashed on screen magnified and then it snaps back to the normal display of the screen. This does not happen with HQ selected. Have not noticed the behavior BryanC mentions.

AJSchmidt

• Recent member

Every few days when MC is launched for the first time after a Windows 10 startup, the MC Taskbar icon will fail to display.  The title "JRiver Media Center 28" continues to appear properly in the Taskbar -just its icon area is blank.  Attached is a screen shot, taken after I right-clicked on the MC item.

The MC shortcut that I use to launch the program is pinned to the Taskbar.  If I close MC and relaunch it, the Taskbar icon will then appear and display normally for the rest of the day.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2021, 05:03:02 pm »

Yes, that issue has been around for years now (pretty sure I've reported it at least once). One thing to note is that it only happens if you have Windows' taskbar settings to show labels, if labels aren't being shown for taskbar icons, it won't occur. It can also happen if you 1) have taskbar labels enabled, 2) have Media Center pinned to the taskbar and 3) start Media Center from the taskbar and move your mouse cursor away from the Media Center icon as fast as you can before it can fully start. Usually Media Center will start without the taskbar icon but it will appear if you move your mouse over it.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic Minotaur 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers

AJSchmidt

• Recent member

A.D., thanks for your comments regarding the missing taskbar icon's history.  In my case, the icon began failing to appear only after about the time that MC 28.0.91 was released (12/5/2021), which included the feature: "1. NEW: MC's Taskbar icon will change to indicate that it is recording TV.".

Perhaps adding the TV-recording enhancement to the taskbar icon display increased an instability.  The View setting in my MC28 has its "Audio Only Mode" option enabled.

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Sound To The Max Baby!
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021, 09:11:32 am »

-|Bug! at Mini View Restore (wont save album view)|-

i found a bug at mini view.
to describe it as best i can, when i click an album to view the tracks and i go to mini view, i click X buton to restore the standard view, the album view lose my album selection
this happends when i play an album track too i click X buton to restore the standard view, the album view wont save my album selection again.

-|Bug at phone usb connection|-

i found another bug, when i plug in my phone the JR crashes immediately. when i reopen the JR and disconnect my phone JR hangs and need to force close it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021, 10:58:33 am »

-|Bug! at Mini View Restore (wont save album view)|-

i found a bug at mini view.
to describe it as best i can, when i click an album to view the tracks and i go to mini view, i click X buton to restore the standard view, the album view lose my album selection
this happends when i play an album track too i click X buton to restore the standard view, the album view wont save my album selection again.

Confirmed.  Fixed next build.  Thanks.

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Sound To The Max Baby!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2021, 12:41:21 pm »

you are awsome!!! im so thankful! please check the second bug too if you may!
i have a quick question, when i use media network setting to use jremote2 the application has a delay when i close it, is it normal or can this be improved?

if those issues-bugs can be manage to be fixed then for me its a total win! JR can become even more stable!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2021, 01:02:36 pm »

If you have a crash, you might share a log.  It might tell us why it's crashing.  Thanks 👍

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Sound To The Max Baby!
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2021, 01:16:01 pm »

If you have a crash, you might share a log.  It might tell us why it's crashing.  Thanks 👍

you talk about the usb problem right? i try to make it soon as possible!
as for the enabling media network setting, is there an issue that closing the app delays and when i disable it all works fluently?

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Sound To The Max Baby!
glitch at List_GroupHeader
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2022, 06:55:43 pm »

when i change the color of the List_GroupHeader something weird happens, like a scrolling glitch.

the video above exaplains it better

https://www.dropbox.com/s/te5mf6ny8y7j1m2/2022-01-03-02-51-55.mp4?dl=0

for the best readability set the quality at 720p to dropbox player please

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Sound To The Max Baby!
Separator is not aligned properly
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2022, 02:56:09 pm »

Separator on the top and bottom bar is not aligned properly, its higher than it should.

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Sound To The Max Baby!
List selection size is not right
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2022, 02:57:23 pm »

I found that the list selection size is not right in everyway

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Sound To The Max Baby!
Toolbar button are still greyish or dim
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2022, 02:59:11 pm »

Toolbar button are still greyish after i change the correct value, its like it has a filter that darkness it...

Search text both on frame and mainframe section has the same greyish problem

Pages: [1]   Go Up