INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver in two homes  (Read 1299 times)

ianhudson

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver in two homes
« on: January 14, 2022, 06:54:09 pm »

Hey all. I am a new JRiver owner and am loving it so far.....I am a tweaker, and JRiver lets you tweak! and it sounds freakin great!!! I use it for music only (so far)....and I play music directly form the server connected to a stereo, and also stream to sonos devices.

So, on to my conundrum.....I have two properties and have separate instances of JRiver in both. One has a Mac one has a Linux machine. I know that I could open up one server to be available at the other place, but if the power goes out in server house, I have no music. and that happens.....

I have a "hands off" system where the music files sync everywhere just fine, but I am quickly seeing that managing two servers will be a pain. When I update views on one, they are obviously not on the other along with other things.....

I can certainly live fine like this, but thought I'd see if anyone has suggestions on how to make this easier? the music files are in different disk locations on both machines.....

What would you do?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver in two homes
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:58:05 pm »

If you do a client / server setup, you can right click on files to download them.  You'd have something to play then.

Another possibility is a portable drive.

ianhudson

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver in two homes
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 07:13:31 am »

Thanks but my issue isn’t the actual music, I have that all syncing between servers, the issue is the servers themselves do not sync. Things like playlists and views and other settings….
Pages: [1]   Go Up