INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacked Files and Searching  (Read 508 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Stacked Files and Searching
« on: February 28, 2022, 08:11:22 pm »

I've struggled to understand what Stacked Files get me and the latest "huh, who knew" thing is quite puzzling to me.  When I search for a stacked file, MC doesn't find it.  I'm searching by the entire file name, path and all.  I've written a script to check my media and see if it's been imported into MC or not.  I got loads of files that are not in my library and I noticed many of them are stacked files.  Shouldn't these be in the library and respond to a search - either a MCWS search, or a search in the GUI?  If not, is there some way to search for them that I'm not seeing?  If I have a file stacked in MC, then I don't want to re-import it, but how would I know that without already knowing the file that it's stacked with?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Stacked Files and Searching
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 11:26:52 pm »

When files are 'stacked', and that stack is collapsed, all but the "top of stack" file are moved out of the main database. When a stack is expanded, MC brings the rest of the stacked files back into the main database.

They will (should) respond to a search if you include the ~d=a modifier in your search string.

Read here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55782.0

also, if it helps, I posted a view for managing stacks here:-> https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105662.0

-marko

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: Stacked Files and Searching
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 08:53:02 am »

Thanks, that certainly helps from the GUI.

I don't see anyway to force that attribute of the search (~d=a) using MCWS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up