INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 29 multizone stops playing  (Read 540 times)

GMahal

• Recent member
JRiver 29 multizone stops playing
« on: March 19, 2022, 08:03:40 pm »

I just updated to JRiver 29 in hopes that it would handle multizone better than 28. My issue with 28 is that the zones would drift out of sync after an album or two. Trying out 29 now and playback has been randomly stopping. Looking for support. My set up is a Win10 desktop machine as the "main" player and two NUCs also running Win10 configured as DLNA renderers connected to AVRs in other rooms.

Any suggestions on what to look at/tweak will be appreciated!

GMahal

• Recent member
Re: JRiver 29 multizone stops playing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 10:44:39 am »

Providing a little more info - All 3 machines are running Win10 Pro 21H1 (OS Build 19043, 1586) and JRiver 29.0.22.
All three machines have a mapped drive to a QNAP NAS where the music files (FLAC) are stored.

The Desktop PC is configured as a DLNA Server and is set to "Original Format" and under  Audio > Mode the setting is "Original"
Nothing configured under DSP Studio.

The other two machines are configured as DLNA renderers (DLNA server and DLNA controller are not checked)
Nothing configured under DSP Studio
Nothing checked under DLNA Controller options

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 11:33:07 am »

The other two machines are configured as DLNA renderers (DLNA server and DLNA controller are not checked)
Nothing checked under DLNA Controller options
Check all 3.

To learn what is causing the stopping, test

without the NAS by using only local files
and
without DLNA.

The NAS is my guess.

GMahal

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 05:49:56 pm »

Why would I need to have DLNA server & DLNA controller checked on the machines that I just need to be DLNA Renderers?

When I was first trying to get Multizone Sync to work with 28, I discovered that unchecking server and controller on the renderers made a big difference, in a good way.

Did some more experimenting earlier, and unlinked the zones and found that playback was still stopping, even when just using one machine. I dont think it's the NAS. I never had this issue with 28 and Roon and LMS work fine.

I ended up configuring Play from Memory (load file into memory undecoded) and that seems to have fixed the issue with Playback stopping. At least for the last couple hours.

Pages: [1]   Go Up