INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM requires MC29 to be running to pass audio, Windows 29.0.19, 64-bit  (Read 559 times)

dfroula

• Recent member

In MC29 Windows 29.0.19, 64-bit , USB DAC WASAPI selected as output device with internal volume control set to 100%, startup volume 100%.

WDM driver is enabled and installed. Appears in Windows "Sounds" control.

Spotify launched and a short tune played. In Windows "Sound Settings", set Spotify output audio device to the WDM driver.

Close MC. Start Spotify. Audio does not play from either the default sound device (speakers) or the MC WASAPI USB device. Volume settings on Spotify have no effect.

After launching MC, volume is initially at 0%. After a second, it jumps to 100%. When playing Spotify, audio is now routed to the WASAPI USB device correctly.

After closing MC29, audio from Spotify will not play through the WDM driver.

MC 26 WDM driver did not require MC to be open to play audio through the WDM driver.

Regards,

Don

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

The WDM driver has always required MC to be running. Perhaps before you had MC running in Media Server mode - eg. just as a tray icon, instead of the full interface being up.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dfroula

• Recent member

The WDM driver has always required MC to be running. Perhaps before you had MC running in Media Server mode - eg. just as a tray icon, instead of the full interface being up.

Thanks, that was it.

After upgrading and uninstalling MC26, I needed to re-enable the WDM driver. I had not re-enabled the media and library servers, which I did. I assumed those settings would carry over after the upgrade.

I also needed to enable "Media Server" in Options/Startup/Windows Startup" for WDM to work without explicitly launching MC29. MC29 now shows in the Windows 10 system tray, even after closing the main MC window. Spotify now works through the WDM driver with the main MC window open or closed. Playback is briefly interrupted when opening or closing the MC main window, however.

Best,

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up