INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screensaver problem on MC29  (Read 552 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Screensaver problem on MC29
« on: April 10, 2022, 06:14:42 pm »

We changed over to MC29 a week ago and have run into an issue, at the same time we also updated Windows 10.

For years Ive run Random Photo Screensaver https://www.abscreensavers.com/random-photo-screensaver/ before my main feature starts in my HT. I make up a playlist of MKV files before the main feature and have that set at the start in pause.

I run the screensaver software RPS (above) via Windows Screensaver, we control this with Event Ghost. A CD is playing while the Screensaver is showing, when the show is ready to start the CD audio fades down, the MKV from the playlist comes out of pause and starts to play, the screensaver stops at the same time, everything is seemless.
https://www.abscreensavers.com/random-photo-screensaver/

The problem, ever since we went to MC29 and updated Windows 10 the whole startup is a mess, we can bring on the screensaver but at the point when Event Ghost takes the MKV file out of pause it crashes JR and we have to restart the PC. We have been operating perfectly like this for years and years but since the changeover its been impossible to get things running like we once had. We belive the Windows update has caused the problem, not the changeover to MC29.

Does anyone have any ideas what we can try please?
I know this is pretty unconventional what we are doing and I dont expect any answers here, but this is the last port of call.

Is there another way that we could do the same thing without Random Photo Screensaver or Event Ghost?

To recap, what we need is a photo screensaver to play with tranistions while the CD is playing music, the main film is paused at the start of the film and hidden in behind the screensaver, when the show is ready to start the CD music fades down, the screensaver stops and the film comes out of pause and starts with its audio.

Could we do all this within MC29 without using third party screensavers or Event Ghost?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Screensaver problem on MC29
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 06:36:11 pm »

You could make a playlist in MC.  It should be able to do what you need.

murray

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 09:18:39 pm »

You could make a playlist in MC.  It should be able to do what you need.
If I was to try it this way, can I play a CD while the images (jpgs) are playing? Can I make transtions between each jpg, disolves, I want each to jpg on the screen for 9secs?
Can the images repeate over and over for more than 1hr, I have about 300+?
Can I stop the image (jpg) playlist when I desire, and the paused mkv file play immediately without the screen going black?
I want to fade down the CD audio, stop the image (jpg) and immediately play the mkv with audio (come out of pause)?

Im not sure if this is what Im looking for or even if it will do exactly what Im after.... But Im open :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 10:09:59 pm »

Rip the CD and try it.

murray

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 11:15:19 pm »

Rip the CD and try it.
I just dont get what you mean Im sorry to say...... I dont want to put the images on a CD.....
Is there a tutorial for what you are suggesting in JR  Ive looked and found nothing.....

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 06:50:03 am »

I just dont get what you mean Im sorry to say...... I dont want to put the images on a CD.....
Is there a tutorial for what you are suggesting in JR  Ive looked and found nothing.....
Our wiki will help.

I think you're confusing rip with burn.  Put the CD in the drive and look for Rip in the lower left corner (the Action Window).

Google is a good way to learn.  Just add JRiver to your question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up