INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOUTcast  (Read 821 times)

MRL_CMRJ

SHOUTcast
« on: April 14, 2022, 07:48:08 am »

Hey there.  New here and just making my way around JRiver.  Coming from the WinAMP and WMC experience.  Love what I have learned so far.  One feature of WinAMP I used frequently was to listen to SHOUTcast streams to discover new music.  I see in JRiver that under Streaning is a selection for SHOUTcast but no genres or stations are listed to listen to.  Seems like this is for users that want to create and stream their own stations.  Not what I am interested in.  I reviewed the Wiki and did some searching and not seeing how the playback of SHOUTcast stations is supposed to be set up or played.  Out of the box WinAMP provides that and maybe there is a plugin I am missing or supposed to use.  Don't know what ya don't know.  Appreciate some help or guidance here.  Thanks for looking.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: SHOUTcast
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 08:14:13 am »

They may have changed the page.  Is this what you expect?

https://directory.shoutcast.com/

If so, you can add it by clicking on the tab at the top.

MRL_CMRJ

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 08:35:09 am »

Thanks for the sooper quick reply.  That's it but doesn't come up when I select SHOUTcast in JRMC29.  Looks like signing up to broadcast page.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 09:21:55 am »

My SHOUTcast default brought up the broadcast advertising page as well.

Add new entry (RMB context menu > Add Website > ... or Edit / Remove...).  Give it a new Name, like SHOUTcast Stations and URL https://directory.shoutcast.com/.

If I modify only the original's address, it eventually reverts back to the undesirable default.  I can remove the original from the panel display by unchecking it in the dropdown list Featured Websites. However I don't know how to remove it entirely from the drop down list or update its default value. 

MC 29.0.31   Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 01:38:27 pm »

Update:  Apparently JRiver fixed this issue in the MC 29.0.34 release; it still fails in .31.  Or maybe something changed at the SHOUTcast end.  It's a little strange, because the HTML source for the station page displayed in MC still has references to www.shoutcast.com, the broadcast advertising page.

In any case, MC's built-in SHOUTcast displays the stations list for me in this version.

MC 29.0.34   Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

MRL_CMRJ

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 02:52:22 pm »

Thanks for that.  I updated and now it's indeed a radio listing.  Still doesn't work as I think it should.  I should be able to use the play button and the station should play but I get this... pretty much true for any station I try. 

MRL_CMRJ

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 04:47:50 pm »

Any other thoughts here?  Perhaps SHOUTcast is just that outdated.  Not certain.

Shalmaneser

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 10:32:24 pm »

Any other thoughts here?  Perhaps SHOUTcast is just that outdated.  Not certain.
I'm getting same thing for many stations, a few work. I went to the URL, loaded same stations to check. They all work on the ShoutCast side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up