INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library empty after import [Solved]  (Read 648 times)

serendipitist

Library empty after import [Solved]
« on: April 29, 2022, 09:48:58 pm »

Hi all-

I recently installed MediaCenter 29 on my Windows 10 PC after using it for many years on my Mac. I configured auto-import for a network-shared folder over SMB (a network drive mapped to a local drive letter) and I received a message in the lower left that "Library now has 19357 files." However, the library view never populates, even after a restart, and simply says "There are no files. Double-click here to add files to the library." Nothing under Artists, Albums, et al. Even a manual import of the same folder produces the same result. I'm running in audio-only view on the latest version.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library empty after import
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 07:37:31 am »

In auto import, try browsing to the right location.  Are the files there?

Check that you can browse there in Explorer and that the files are there.

Depending on the file type, MC may not be able to tell what media type they are.  Look in other locations and search.  You can edit the Media Type and Media Sub-type tags.

Antivirus...

serendipitist

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 07:00:59 pm »

There are no permissions problems - everything's browsable from the currently logged in user. I tried running MediaCenter as Administrator to see if that changed anything, no luck there.

I /did/ try copying a folder from the network drive to the desktop and the FLAC files imported and showed up in the library properly, so there's clearly an issue with importing files from the SMB share. What's odd is that when I originally did the import form the network drive I could see MediaCenter enumerating all of the filenames in the lower left corner as the import progressed. But I'm still left with a library that says it contains 19357 files and a "There are no files" message. Nothing seems obvious from the logs.

Is there a way to completely clear the database and try reimporting again? I'd attempt it with a single folder and see if the logfile showed anything.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 07:23:21 pm »

Mac and PC handle files differently.

/folder on Mac

\folder on Windows

A backup of your library on Mac and a restore on Windows should work.

serendipitist

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 08:04:28 pm »

I prefer to start from scratch since the library has changed quite a bit (my Mac has been in storage for two years). This is a clean install of media center and I’m doing a fresh scan of the network folder. My server setup hasn't changed - the Mac didn't have a problem with the network files, it's just this Windows PC (which is experiencing no issues accessing those files or any others on that server).

serendipitist

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 09:55:10 pm »

I did a File > Library > Clear Library and tried reimporting again and everything seems to be working as expected. Got me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up