INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very Slow Burn Speed  (Read 1894 times)

weaser42

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Very Slow Burn Speed
« on: February 28, 2003, 08:47:01 pm »

Burning is painfully slow.  Burned Audio CD-R which should have been at 40X (according to MC) on 80 min CD took about 10 hrs!  Burn was mostly successful in that all songs were there but starting at track 9 the beginnings were truncated.  Burn also slow when burning data cd.  I have not used burn feature in a long time as CD-Text never worked for me with MJ 8 or 7.  CD-Text did work on this test with 9 by the way.

No problems with other burning using Nero for example.

Media Center Registered 9.0.120 -- e:\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1893 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 329 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive N:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive L: TEAC     CD-W540E           Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Very Slow Burn Speed
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 01:25:26 am »

>> Speed:10
Maybe you should set this to a higher level for it to burn faster.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

weaser42

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 04:50:16 am »

I belive it is showing 10 because the last experimentation with altering settins I was testing with CD-RW.  Even at that it is burning way slower than even 1X.  My initial attempt with CD-R it was showing 40X for speed but as I've said it took 10 hours or so to complete burn.

Thanks,

Kevin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 04:53:22 am »

There is a long thread here on CD burning.  Maybe reading that would give you some things to try.  It sounds like something could be wrong with the way MC views the hardware (IDE vs SCSI).

weaser42

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 10:37:16 am »

More strange stuff.  I recalled way back in the day trying to use different wnaspi32.dll's trying to get CD-text to work.  I found I had one in my MC app directory so I removed that, problem still there.  Next I looked in system32 and I had an old version I had been using so I tried that, no help.  Next I removed completely from system32, MC complained and tried to d/l aspi_v471.zip which it could not.  I located that and installed those adaptec drivers, still slow burn.  For a goof I tried test mode which ran fast so I tried to burn again to CD-R and it did burn at normal speed.

I still have some bugs however.  
I had burned a 17 song CD on 80 min CD-R with CD-Text.  I had Chicago as artist and put title to something like "Kev's Mega Chicago Mix" or something.  After burn MC shows 1st song title as "Kev's MeBeggings", 1st song should be "Beginnings".  If I look at CD properties in Nero no CD-Text is seen.  When I play CD in home CD with CD-Text I get song titles all off by one, 1st song has 2nd title, etc and last song has Artist name.  Also I still get issue where starting on song 9 the beginning of each song appears cut off.  I did notice if I let the last song play, the next song will have the beginning there showing negative numbers for elapsed time.  With MC I will then get a slight pause when the song hits the zero time mark.

Sorry about lenth of this but I'm guessing these could be bugs and they are a bit difficult to describe.

Kevin

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 11:01:11 am »

>> Sorry about length of this but I'm guessing
>> These could be bugs
You're the only one with this problem

Logic Dictates It may be your system
Fayetteville, NC, USA

weaser42

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 01:15:51 pm »

Since I have had no issues of this kind with any other burning software logic dictates it must be at least partially the application.

I did some testing today and created a audio CD with CD-Text using Nero.  This plays fine in my Car and home CD units.  MC did not recognize the CD-Text on that disc however.

I also did a test using Roxio 6.  With this disc MC could see CD-Text.  This also works fine with car and home players.

Neither of those test discs had the problem with the beginning of songs being cut off.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 01:18:03 pm »

>> it must be at least partially the application.
Maybe

It does however work for me.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 05:41:07 am »

This could be our problem. I'll look into it. We've been having Teac problems and it's very interesting that after running in test mode your drive started to burn at normal speed. I had the same experience with a Teac drive here. Is it still burning at normal speed after machine power down and using other burn software etc.?
I'll check out cd-text on our Teac drive. Thanks for the reports.

John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

weaser42

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 06:11:29 pm »

Still Burning at normal speed.  I burned two CD-RW's to test tonight.  First with CD-Text, 2nd without.  Both still have problem where beginning of song is cut-off or exists on end of previous song.  I've been burning the same playlist and it appears to start around song 8.  This gets worse with each song past that point with more time being cut off the beginning of each subsequent song.  I can extract the playlist and burn from Nero with no problems.

weaser42

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2003, 10:08:26 am »

Installed 129 build last night and all is working fine now with my Teac drive.  CD-Text encoding fine and songs begin correctly again (Saw this was a bug fixed in like 126 or 127 I think).  Outstanding ;D

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2003, 04:01:53 am »

Good to hear it. Thanks for reporting back.

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up