INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotlight for Video  (Read 1729 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Spotlight for Video
« on: May 11, 2022, 02:26:35 pm »

Craig's working on it now.  Screenshot below.

Spotlight for Audio has more information on what SL is and how to use it.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Spotlight for Video
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 07:57:09 pm »

Sorry Jim - forgive my ignorance. The pic is intriguing. Can you elaborate on what is going on?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 08:46:27 pm »

There is a new tool called Spotlight that has been developed for audio and they are starting on a video version.  If you have a newer version, select an album and hit the little yellow circle (the spotlight) next to Amazon, Lyrics etc. at the top right. There is also a thread on it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Manfred

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 03:01:31 am »

I have many concert videos with a lot of extra stuff (interviews, Backstage reports, music videos etc.) It would be nice to use spotlight as integration platform to see audio & video content for e.g. Taylor Swift in an integrated view. It would be, from my PoV, a competitive advantage.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 11:17:29 am »

The next build will have a preliminary version of Spotlight for movies.  Still to be added are Spotlight pages for director/actors.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 12:24:30 pm »

I've just had a quick play with Spotlight in Theater View...

Issues I encountered were:

Using a remote... If you press "Down" focus leaves the roller, and then there's no way out of Spotlight without a mouse. Pressing "Back" to leave the Spotlight page, kicks the user back to root... So... Select an album from a grid of albums to see the album tracks > Select a track to activate the Spotlight item on the roller > Pick Spotlight > "Back" sends the user back to the grid of albums, which was unexpected.

Using a remote, there's no way to get down to the rows that scroll right, and then scroll them.

Great progress so far though. Looking really good.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 02:23:07 am »

There is a new tool called Spotlight that has been developed for audio and they are starting on a video version.  If you have a newer version, select an album and hit the little yellow circle (the spotlight) next to Amazon, Lyrics etc. at the top right. There is also a thread on it.

Thanks for the summary. I guess I was really busy during March and missed this entirely!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 09:52:56 am »

Using a remote, there's no way to get down to the rows that scroll right, and then scroll them.

Yes, it is view-only, not interactive at the moment in Theater View.

Other web pages in Theater View have the same focus issue for back.  The remote "back" button does not work?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 01:10:09 pm »

Yes, it is view-only, not interactive at the moment in Theater View.

Other web pages in Theater View have the same focus issue for back.  The remote "back" button does not work?
Apologies. I had read that, but understood it to mean that none of the links would work. As for the 'back' button... no, it doesn't work if the user has clicked "down" on the D-pad. As long as the roller has focus, then, yes, the back button works.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 01:43:06 am »

Very interesting! I would love these additions if it were possible:
- possibility to choose the language in the description field, even if you just click on TMDB and you get the description in your own language.

- technical data of the file saved on your library (Aspect Ratio, definition, audio format, audio language and subtitles, etc.)

- in Theater View mode the Spotlight field is top right: possibility to choose where to place it (in tools> options> theater view I don't think there is this possibility).

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 08:47:55 am »

Build 54 has Actor/Director and TV Show Spotlight pages.  The content now follows the Wikipedia language setting which by default is the main language setting for MC.  Note that many descriptions are not translated so it falls back to English in these cases.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 05:00:16 am »

Thank you for making spotlight available for TV Shows as well.

NNTK

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2022, 03:57:08 pm »

I just upgrade to new version and testing spotlight for video and found 2 problem.

1. I can't see green button (Play from library) for episode 1-9 but see green button at episode 10++.
    My first problem may be because I store episode 1-9 with format 01-09.

2. When click "Play unwatched episode form library" button, it should play sort by episode but jriver 29.0.86 play sort by something.

Thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up