INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 29 exits during batch conversion  (Read 389 times)

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 29 exits during batch conversion
« on: May 16, 2022, 11:29:16 am »

As in subject, I'm running MS 29.0.41 and attempting a batch conversion of about 4700 files from flac to MP3 (high). The conversion starts alright, but around 50 to 60 files in MC just terminates returning me to desktop. I tried restarting the conversion about 5 more times with the same result. Just to anticipate a question, these runs were not converting the same files every time.

I decided to post a request for help and turned on logging in prep for that, started a conversion and it then processed up to 900 files before stopping. Restarted and it ran another several hundred files before stopping. I've attached the report a problem zip file.

The machine is running Win 11, 21H2, build 22000.675
Other than normal Windows stuff nothing is running in background. I use Win defender and OneDrive is disabled.

All I need do to create the problem is run my view to select the files set, select all files, open convert and start it. The conversion skips previously converted files, hits new files to convert and runs until it exits again.

The conversion is FLAC to MP3 (high), 6 files at a time, apply DSP volume levelling.

I have no idea how to read the logs so can't offer any other info. I'll keep restarting until I get through all the files, but would be nice not to have to do that of course.

TIA
Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 29 exits during batch conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 11:54:06 am »

Configure Windows Defender.  Uninstall any other antivirus software.

Are the files on a local  drive?

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 12:22:53 pm »

Defender already configured. No other AV. Source and destination files are on a NAS on a 1Gb LAN.
BTW, with logging on (if that makes any difference) the length of the conversion "runs" is widely variable anywhere from 200 to (current run) 1400+ files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 12:27:11 pm »

Worth double checking:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114101.0.html

The NAS may be the problem too.  Try updating its firmware.  Try converting files on the local drive.

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 12:42:33 pm »

Thanks Jim, I'll go through the list and make sure it's clean. Have never experienced any problems with NAS, but in any event it's at the latest (and probably last) firmware release. The current run is up to about 2300 files now and looks like it may make it all the way. This isn't something I do often so not a major problem, just inconvenient. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up