INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skin Manager  (Read 556 times)

marvi1

• Recent member
Skin Manager
« on: June 10, 2022, 03:29:45 pm »

I haver searched the forum, and within MC29, but i cannot locate the Skin Manager.  HELP says it is under View...Skins, but it doesnt appear for me.  the list of installed skins is there, but no Manager.  Suggestions?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Skin Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 11:19:27 pm »

There is no skin manager anymore.  I'm not sure exactly when it was deprecated, but it was probably at least five years ago. 

As you noted, you can access and switch skins via the view menu - that is effectively the skin manager now.  It shows all the skins that come with MC by default, as well as any other skins you may have downloaded from the plug-ins page.

At the top of the menu where all the skins are listed is an option to launch a dialog called Skin Effects. Here, you can adjust contrast/brightness, and swap the default skin colors to give a different look, along with a few other options.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Skin Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 04:16:58 am »

There is no skin manager anymore.  I'm not sure exactly when it was deprecated, but it was probably at least five years ago. 
Try ten years ago! How time flies. Mini skins were lost at the same time. Something to do with cross-platform compatibility and their (the two features) reliance on the Windows COM system, IIRC.

JRiver resisted a fair bit of pressure to bring it back at the time it was lost...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,75072.0.html

It did not return, and let's be honest, the world hasn't imploded :)

This simple question, with concise answers, from earlier this year should arm you with all the information you need for today onwards...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132045.0.html
:)

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up