INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 29.0.81 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 3067 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 29.0.81 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: July 29, 2022, 07:36:36 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 29.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290081-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290081.exe (works on all systems)

29.0.81 (7/28/2022)

1. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start in some cases.

29.0.80 (7/27/2022)

1. Changed: Internal change on DirectShow based TV playback and recording.
2. Changed: Adjusted how the volume fade feature is done in the Scheduler (now it takes a number of seconds for more control and adds labels).
3. NEW: Left-click and hold on file in list or top player bar text launches Spotlight in a new tab.

29.0.79 (7/25/2022)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.35 (thanks Matt).
2. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: Handheld upload could double the extension since the extension dot fix.
4. NEW: Experimental support for AC-4 audio in MPEG-TS video files.
5. Changed: Added seconds precision to Media Network reporting instead of just minutes.

29.0.78 (7/21/2022)

1. Changed: Switched resolution thumbnails back to 400x400 but now check either dimension instead of both.
2. Fixed: A wait cursor is shown when filling list controls (for slow fills).
3. Fixed: Linking a car radio button to itself would crash.  Fixed the crash and also no longer show car radio choices when linking to a playlist.
4. Changed: Made the thumbnail size threshold for showing the full image bigger (so bigger thumbs still show it).
5. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).

29.0.77 (7/20/2022)

1. Fixed: Some menu items didn't work properly in the tree since adding the expand / collapse item.
2. Improved: Increased the thumbnail compression quality, and removed artificial sharpening which often resulted in emphasized artifacts.

29.0.76 (7/19/2022)

1. Improved: Enlarged the size of the grab borders during image editing.
2. Changed: Renamed the option "Show a link arrow" instead of "Show a link checkbox" to be more clear about the behavior.
3. NEW: Made a history menu item shown in the view header menu that links to past views.
4. Changed: Full resolution thumbnails are used after 300x300 instead of 400x400 so they should appear a little sharper close to that threshold.
5. Improved: Thumbnails for groups of files that contain audio will only use audio (instead of also using images and data).

29.0.75 (7/18/2022)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Yasuhide Nagasawa).
2. NEW: Added expand and collapse to the right-click menu for the tree.
3. Fixed: The JRVR Cubic scaling type was not being saved properly.
4. Fixed: Tamil characters would not render properly.
5. NEW: Added a "Reset" button to Convolution.
6. NEW: Added a checkbox to the top of a playlist view "Expand links" that allows turning off link expansion (runtime only, not saved).
7. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
8. NEW: Sat>IP devices whose channel list URLs do not conform to Sat>IP specs will also be supported as Sat>IP devices (previously they can only be supported as IPTV devices).

29.0.74 (7/14/2022)

Fixed: The ";" with "; " replacement wasn't working properly in build 73.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 29.0.81 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 06:09:58 pm »

Improved: Thumbnails for groups of files that contain audio will only use audio (instead of also using images and data).

There may be an undesirable side effect of this change.

When Play is clicked on an album thumbnail a data file is displayed rather than sending all of the audio files to Playing Now.

I tried sorting audio before data but it did not make a difference.

NickMc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 06:14:27 pm »

Hi Guys,

It seems after the latest update (29.0.81) that changing channel, with an MCE remote, whilst watching FTA TV MC crashes completely. Works OK if I stop playback, nagivate to Guide and then choose a different channel.

Not sure if you need to see any logs etc??? Thanks!

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 04:43:52 am »

Works fine on my setup changing channels with MCE remote / RC6 USB while watching FTA TV?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 05:25:27 am »

It seems after the latest update (29.0.81) that changing channel, with an MCE remote, whilst watching FTA TV MC crashes completely
Guessing I'm also noticing the crash of MC when changing TV channels,
I'm trying to find a scheme so i can give Yaobing some more details,
But as I'm only using SAT>iP tuners, it's not FTA related.
.74 seems to be stable and not having any tuner related issue.

Dear Yaobing any clues or hints from other users yet ?

Ugur79

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 06:46:29 am »

When will Turkish language support come?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 07:42:28 am »

When will Turkish language support come?
Whenever somebody does a translation.  They are done by users.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Languages

I'll move this to a new thread.

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 01:46:17 pm »

The "sort" feature is not working when selecting from the drop down view menu. No change happens no matter which sort option I choose.

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 02:43:04 am »

Dears,

the issue with (Android, MTP mode, local MC client using remote library) Handheld transfer persists: results in files called "GetFile" instead of the expected audio file on the mobile device.

thanks for looking into!

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 08:21:59 am »

It seems after the latest update (29.0.81) that changing channel, with an MCE remote, whilst watching FTA TV MC crashes completely
Guessing I'm also noticing the crash of MC when changing TV channels,
I'm trying to find a scheme so i can give Yaobing some more details,
But as I'm only using SAT>iP tuners, it's not FTA related.
.74 seems to be stable and not having any tuner related issue

Dear Yaobing, as far i can find anymore details of the crash when changing TV channels, it seems to be happening in between channels with a different LNB/Source: Sat Position.
In my case when switching from Astra 1 to Astra 3.
Yaobing, i can remember the same issue from an earlier version of MC, might be back in MC28 ?

In respect to the OP, NickMC, this might be another issue - when changing channels.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 09:55:02 am »

Dear Yaobing, as far i can find anymore details of the crash when changing TV channels, it seems to be happening in between channels with a different LNB/Source: Sat Position.
In my case when switching from Astra 1 to Astra 3.
Yaobing, i can remember the same issue from an earlier version of MC, might be back in MC28 ?

In respect to the OP, NickMC, this might be another issue - when changing channels.

I found an issue and fixed it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 12:07:50 pm »

Hi, I had already pointed out a problem in another post, when you watch live tv with normal mc view and then switch to theater mode with the green button on the remote control mce, if you don't change channel and go back with button green arrow or button briefly exits from theater view.
Watch the video
Thank you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15M5FAWbB61SHxQzLO_OCbTOno2LWypB_/view?usp=sharing

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 06:04:41 pm »

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but video playback (from optical disc in my case) is no longer preventing the display from turning off in Windows 10.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 02:12:12 am »

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but video playback (from optical disc in my case) is no longer preventing the display from turning off in Windows 10.

This seems to be working just fine over here, and I'm sure we would've had more reports if it didn't work entirely. Will follow up in your other thread.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 05:00:26 am »

I found an issue and fixed it.
Thanks, appreciated dear Yaobing  ;)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 05:04:58 am »

Hi, I had already pointed out a problem in another post, when you watch live tv with normal mc view and then switch to theater mode with the green button on the remote control mce, if you don't change channel and go back with button green arrow or button briefly exits from theater view.
Watch the video
Thank you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15M5FAWbB61SHxQzLO_OCbTOno2LWypB_/view?usp=sharing
+1, have seen the same behaviour even when not using a MCE remote.
Once a Live TV program is started in Standard View and switched to Theater View later, Theater View seems to be showing Standard View once and briefly when changing the TV Channel.
Noticed this behaviour in earlier versions, so I'm guessing not a recent 'effect'.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 07:55:43 am »

Watch the video
Thank you

+1, have seen the same behaviour even when not using a MCE remote.
Once a Live TV program is started in Standard View and switched to Theater View later, Theater View seems to be showing Standard View once and briefly when changing the TV Channel.
Noticed this behaviour in earlier versions, so I'm guessing not a recent 'effect'.

I did not quite understand what piccoloconte's video was trying to tell me.

I do see some behaviors that do not seem nice, if you switch to Theater view after a TV channel is already started in Standard View.  Stopping the channel causes the the screen to show standard view for a short time before eventually getting back to Theater View.  Switching channel is similar if it involves switching tuner, i.e. if you switch from one type of channel to another type.

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2022, 10:29:12 am »

Hi, please watch the new video.
When I start the TV in standard viewing mode and go to the theater there are some strange behaviors, as you can see from the video by pressing the green key or the arrow key the theater window closes for a moment.
At the end of the video you can see that trying to change the channel closes theater mode and subsequently mc, I think it's crash ...
Thank you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pWffM5I9tyKP-K2FbH180EVGh0u237e0/view?usp=sharing

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2022, 10:18:30 pm »

Thanks for the video.  The crash is most likely the same crash reported by others here, and I have fixed it (for an upcoming new build).

When switching channel after going into Theater View, it is possible the switching causes a long delay and during the delay Theater View normally would display a dark screen but somehow displays the Standard View.  I don't know why this is the case and will have to do some investigation.

Aardvark

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 10:52:41 pm »

Posted this as a problem with JRiver 29.0.74 and still find it happening with JRiver 29.0.81 and discovered another weird thing that happens.

Running Cloudplay and Play Doctor

In Cloudplay options for "Files to be included" I have

-[Media Sub Type]=[Audiobook],[Podcast],[Test Clip] -[Album]="Christmas" ~nodup=[Artist],[Name]

In Play Doctor options I have "Some Variety" ticked (only because there is no option to have "No Variety"

"Include Files from Cloudplay" is set to 100%

"Set Rules for Files That Can Be Included" is

[Media Type]=[Audio] +[Genre]=[Country] ~n=100

So I go into Cloudplay, type Country into the Search Box and hit play. If this is the first time doing this then I get one track off my local disk in Playing Now and then about a minute later the rest of the list appears but every track is off my local disk.

If I stop play and clear Playing Now and then redo the same search then we move into the scenario as follows...

The first track I always get is off my local disk and then the rest are Cloudplay tracks but I get Pop, Pop/Rock, Folk Rock and 70s Pop as various genres that turn up.

Why am I not just getting Country as I specified? Also why the Local track when I have said 100% from Cloudplay?

Also I get exactly the same result if I put "Country" in the Play Doctor box in the Active Zone

This just doesn't seem to work properly.

Thanks, Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up