INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization over DLNA  (Read 759 times)

P007LAF

Hello All,

I'm streaming music via WIFI using a laptop (Windows 11 and MC 29 latest version) on which my music files are stored -> network player as renderer -> DAC.

When I start playing a file, my DAC makes a little click and takes a fraction of a second to synchronise. So I miss the very first notes of music at the beginning of the track.

Is there a way to add a little moment of silence at startup in order to let the DAC be fully synchronised ?

I know that it already exists when using MC engine alone but I cannot find this same option when using DLNA.

Thanks in advance for your answers

François

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization over DLNA
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 05:03:55 am »

That is an option.  Play leading silence.  The options page has a search window.

P007LAF

Re: Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization over DLNA
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 08:05:23 am »

Hello Jim, thanks for following up !

On the Tools -> Options -> Audio page, in the Zone to configure box :

When I select Player, the option "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" is available but has no effect at all over DLNA regardless of the value selected.

When I select my network player, this redirects me to the Add or configure DLNA servers page where the Play silence at startup option is not available.

Maybe I'm missing something !
Pages: [1]   Go Up