INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 30.0.15 -- Available Here  (Read 7555 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 30.0.15 -- Available Here
« on: October 03, 2022, 01:42:26 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 30.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300015-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300015.exe (works on all systems)

30.0.15 (9/30/2022)

1. Fixed: Potential fix for a rare crash in Theater View on audio track changes.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.90.
3. NEW: Added an option to back up a disc to the computer using MakeMKV.
4. Changed: Switching profiles will no longer select all titles in the MakeMKV title selection dialog.

30.0.14 (9/27/2022)

1. Fixed: HEIF images from library servers could not be opened.
2. Fixed: The new time-shifting for bda tuners did not clean up the time-shifting folder properly after each session.
3. Fixed: "Clean up time-shifting folders..." tool left .jrtr files in folders.
4. Fixed: Video thumbnails were not always being rotated properly for portrait-style videos.
5. Fixed: "TV Options/Restart Player" context menu item was not available in the new time-shifting for bda TV devices.
6. Fixed: When starting TV in the new time-shifting, the volume was not set properly (requiring an user action to get it right).
7. Fixed: When starting a DMS TV channel, the volume was not set smoothly (often set in two stage, first the full volume, then the correct volume).
8. Changed: Cloudplay pages in MC now support "back" navigation.
9. Fixed: Menu buttons on Cloudplay pages wrap without getting cut off (always shown, no longer collapse).
10. Fixed: Fonts could get cached after DPI/size changes, resulting in the wrong size.
11. NEW: Added an experimental option to enable per-monitor DPI scaling.
12. Fixed: The context menu options "Go To Earliest Time" and "Go To Latest Time" did not work for the new time-shifting.

30.0.13 (9/22/2022)

1. Changed: More tuning of the smooth progress bar.

30.0.12 (9/21/2022)

1. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
2. Changed: In the MakeMKV title selection dialog, checking a title will now check title items based on the profile configuration.
3. Fixed: Ctrl+J (JRVR OSD info) did not work when time-shifting a bda TV device.
4. Fixed: Ctrl+R (JRVR reset) did not work in all types of live TV playback.
5. NEW: JRVR performance profiles can now be selected in the JRVR General settings.
6. Changed: Adjusted the progress bar at track endings a little more.

30.0.11 (9/19/2022)

1. NEW: Added a "Hide unchanged files" option to "Rename, Move, & Copy files...".
2. Changed: Tweaked TV start up and channel changing with the new time-shifting and fixed the issue of low-stream-rate channel being slow to start.
3. Fixed: The position slider could stop moving near the end of the file.
4. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.81.
5. Fixed: Clicking "Close" on a tag could reopen the editing if the click was right above the field.
6. NEW: Added support for expert mode profiles when ripping using MakeMKV.
7. Fixed: Channel switching from one ATSC channel to another one on the same transport (i.e. the same major channel) did not work (as if there was no signal).

30.0.10 (9/15/2022)

1. Fixed: Edit fields in the tag window could fail to close when clicking away in the last build.
2. Fixed: Turning off artist images would switch to the previous artist image instead of the cover in build 9.
3. Changed: The new time-shifting with bda devices will stop and discard current channel data before switching to a new channel.  Now channel changing works.
4. Improved: Starting of the new time-shifting is significantly faster.
5. NEW: Artist name in the Cloudplay track list is a link to Spotlight.
6. Changed: Cloudplay submission email includes year in upload dates.
7. Fixed: When MC was dragged to a different monitor, the new time-shifting playback did not work properly (playback restarted from the beginning and duration was no longer available).
8. Fixed: Gridlines could overflow when a column was frozen.

30.0.9 (9/13/2022)

1. Fixed: Disabling zone switch didn't work in all cases.
2. Changed: Display View displays "Press escape to exit Display View" when stopped.
3. NEW: Added a clear search MCC (MCC_CLEAR_SEARCH_CONTROL / 22042).
4. NEW: URLs are displayed as links in the SSDP utility.
5. NEW: All valid URLs in the SSDP utility can be opened in an external browser.
6. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.70.
7. Fixed: Turning artist images on and off could result in the wrong cover being displayed.
8. NEW: *.idx subtitle index files can be selected in the Subtitle Browse dialog.

30.0.8 (9/8/2022)

1. Fixed: Tree indent would not be correct when the scale was not 100% in 30.0.7.
2. Fixed: Pane header text would not align properly when the scale was not 100%.
3. Fixed: Switching from time-shifting to non-time-shifting and vice versa did not work properly (with bda TV devices).
4. NEW: Added a FilterForUser to the MCWS/Files/Search call to allow filtering based on the current user.
5. Fixed: Audio Path did not work with TV playback of types DMS, IPTV, and the new time-shifting for bda devices.
6. Changed: In new time-shifting of bda TV devices, the "DirectShow filters" menu will show "JRiver Video Player with JRVR" instead of blank time-shifting player graph.

30.0.7 (9/6/2022)

1. Changed: Reverted the mouse cursor changing when over the expand / collapse arrows in the tree.
2. Fixed: When syncing to a portable from a client, filenames were not being set correctly.
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.65.  The tag field for disc number changed to "Disc" from "Disc #" to be more inline with other tools (applies to all APE tags).
4. Changed: The tree expand / collapse markers will respond to clicks for the entire height of the item instead of a slice of the height.
5. NEW: Added a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl;Shift;E) to reset the pane selection (MCC 26023,-1).
6. Fixed: The new bda TV time-shifting would not resize video properly when window was resized.
7. Fixed: Canceled TV recordings on bda devices (ATSC and DVB) were not playable until the program end time had past (stop recording was not done cleanly).
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
9. Changed: Re-designed the JRVR Scaling settings dialog.
10. NEW: Chroma scaling in JRVR can now be configured independently of image upscaling (advanced mode only).

30.0.6 (9/1/2022)

1. Fixed: When closing a tab, the tab layout would not resave so restarting the program would bring the tab back.
2. Fixed: Font settings could get overwritten when using a custom Theater View font, or other secondary custom fonts.
3. NEW: (Experimental) Enabled "Triax SatIP Converter (DMS)" as a DMS TV device.  Untested, may or may not work.
4. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search returns a failure if no matching files are found.
5. Fixed: Volume control did not work in the new TV time-shifting (for ATSC and DVB only).
6. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. NEW: Added a library backup option (Options > Library & Folder > Thumbnails in library backups) to ask for thumbnails inclusion or just turn them on or off.
8. Fixed: FF/REW did not work with the new TV time-shifting.
9. NEW: The mouse cursor changes to a hand when it's over the expand / collapse arrows in the tree.
10. Fixed: Some Thai characters were not being rendered properly.
11. NEW: Added an SSDP utility in the Media Network section under Services & Plug-ins to scan for and display a list of all network devices and their information.
12. Fixed: The space before a delimiter wasn't being added to artist values in the player window.
13. Fixed: The new digital TV time-shifting might get the time-stamps and duration messed, resulting in seeking not to work.

30.0.5 (8/25/2022)

1. Changed: Font sizes will scale with screen DPI more consistently. (Please report any issues from this change)
2. Changed: List type fields are displayed with a space after the delimiter in the statusbar and playerbar.
3. Changed: Included an updated PixOS skin (thanks EnglishTiger).
4. Changed: When acquiring images from an Android, it could pull files from the trash, thumbnails, recycle bin, etc.  Now it skips folder names that begin with a dot.
5. Changed: Changed the way SETUP request is made (this is a work-around of a possible bug in a third-party library) during Sat>IP TV playback.
6. Fixed: The Pause/Play state was not reflected in the GUI when pausing an ATSC/DVB TV channel using the new time-shifting method.

30.0.4 (8/23/2022)

1. Changed: Updated to a v30 redirect so Check For Updates works, etc.

30.0.3 (8/22/2022)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
3. Changed: Switched to a discrete clear playing now toolbar image (thanks HPBEME).
4. NEW: Added the /Restart command to the launcher to restart a running Media Center.
5. NEW: Added a toolbar button to allow restarting the program.

30.0.2 (8/19/2022)

1. Changed: During install of a new version, the library is no longer discarded if it points to a library server (but still switches to the default after copying the library if it's a local library).
2. NEW: A new time-shifting method for DirectShow-based TV tuners (digital tuners only, i.e. ATSC, DVB).
3. NEW: Preliminary support for ATSC 3 TV channels.

30.0.1 (8/11/2022)

1. Fixed: The tab text for some views could be inconsistent between when the tab was active and inactive.
2. Fixed: The converter view (opened from the Action Window) didn't have title text.
3. Changed: The recent searches will put the most recent at the top instead of bottom of the menu.
4. NEW: Added recent searches to the search box suggestions.
5. Changed: When a ZoneSwitch rule runs from Theater View, it would not switch the selected Playing Now in Standard View so switching back could switch the zone unexpectedly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Manfred

Re: JRiver Media Center 30.0.15 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 10:30:46 am »

Not all my Thumbnail texts are migrated with MC 30!
I had a composer view with Thumbnail text [Composer]. After the migration they are all gone also in MC 29! and even If I add the text again the thumbnail text is not shown.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Manfred

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 10:36:47 am »

Logic of the JRVR Presets is a little bit strange. I select a preset, press the LoadPreset Button and then press OK. Why not simple select a preset and then press OK, why also apply. Also if I open the dialog for a second time every time the window shows the performance preset as selected and not the one selected with the last OK or apply.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

MikeO

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 10:50:52 am »

Installed 30 was a bit slow "upgrading from older version"

Tried to sign into YouTube , entered email address (correctly) it tells me the Browser is not secure and to use another browser !! BUT it played the video I selected

iankelsall25

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 11:10:39 am »

the 'performance preset keeps resetting to the default 'performance preset'. every time i select the 'balanced' option, click apply and then ok, if i immediately go back to the quality preset options, it has defaulted back to the first option. what is the point of having the choice if it won't stay with your selection?

drfrost

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 11:13:11 am »

Hi,

A very minor point: The upgrade installation did not carry over the configuration for VST plugin that I have in DSP Studio. Not a big issue, easily fixed in about a minute.

regards

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 01:04:21 pm »

Logic of the JRVR Presets is a little bit strange. I select a preset, press the LoadPreset Button and then press OK. Why not simple select a preset and then press OK, why also apply. Also if I open the dialog for a second time every time the window shows the performance preset as selected and not the one selected with the last OK or apply.

Its a preset, not a setting in itself. You load a preset and it changes all other settings to match the preset, but still lets you customize any settings as you like without forcing anything, which is what a performance "setting" would do.
When you load a preset, it also overrides all your settings, hence the confirmation box.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Roland01

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 02:32:12 am »

Hi there,

i have a problem with JRVR. I am still using MC 27 ,tried MC29 and now MC30.

when i try to play a HEVC HDR mkv video file i have no sound with JRVR. to solve the issue i need to change the audiotrack from Dolby Atmos to DD and then i have sound. I can switch  back to Atmos and also have sound.

this does not happen so far with SDR content.

When i use red october madvr for HDR content this does not happen . i always have sound . Audio is set to HDMI Bitstream.

any idea? 

I have an Denon AVR 2700H connected to Panasonic OLED JZ1500 and a Nvidia RTX3060TI

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 08:16:28 am »

Hi there,

i have a problem with JRVR. I am still using MC 27 ,tried MC29 and now MC30.

when i try to play a HEVC HDR mkv video file i have no sound with JRVR. to solve the issue i need to change the audiotrack from Dolby Atmos to DD and then i have sound. I can switch  back to Atmos and also have sound.

this does not happen so far with SDR content.

When i use red october madvr for HDR content this does not happen . i always have sound . Audio is set to HDMI Bitstream.

any idea? 

I have an Denon AVR 2700H connected to Panasonic OLED JZ1500 and a Nvidia RTX3060TI

If you can provide a sample of one of these files, I can test it (using MC29 JRVR bitstream hdmi through AVRX3500H).
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Roland01

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 10:06:56 am »

If you can provide a sample of one of these files, I can test it (using MC29 JRVR bitstream hdmi through AVRX3500H).

allright. I cut a 350 MB file with mkvtoolnix .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pW9anzsI4aKF2NJVkQ_j6TyEn1JQ4LDy/view?usp=sharing

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2022, 03:51:54 pm »

When I play that file through my system, I get audio and the AVR lights up with Atmos (bitstream) but it's having severe audio drop outs. Even when I switch to the other audio stream I get some audio drop outs but not as bad as the primary/default audio stream.

I have several Atmos "sample videos", and do not have any drop outs at all. In fact this is the first time I have ever played something on my system that sounds this bad. To me, it seems like a problem with the encoding/ripping of this file, but others can chime in with opinions.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Roland01

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2022, 04:16:39 pm »

When I play that file through my system, I get audio and the AVR lights up with Atmos (bitstream) but it's having severe audio drop outs. Even when I switch to the other audio stream I get some audio drop outs but not as bad as the primary/default audio stream.

I have several Atmos "sample videos", and do not have any drop outs at all. In fact this is the first time I have ever played something on my system that sounds this bad. To me, it seems like a problem with the encoding/ripping of this file, but others can chime in with opinions.

Thanks for testing. Anyway i watched the whole video and had not a single audio dropout with madvr and JRVR.
Just have to switch the Audio stream .this Happens only with HDR Content.

But its not a problem at all for me .i am fine with madvr and everything else works perfect for me in MC30. MC is really amazing.  :)

jlwilliams360

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2022, 04:28:20 pm »

I get a prompt that reads "Your license file is not valid for Media Center  Do You want to purchase an upgrade"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2022, 04:34:22 pm »

I get a prompt that reads "Your license file is not valid for Media Center  Do You want to purchase an upgrade"
You may need to install 30.0.15.

Mark_A_W

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2022, 07:04:39 am »

The "Cover Art" on my TV Shows didn't come across.  In most cases (not all) I see the first frame of the show again.    I used Get Cover Art to do this.

It didn't work with 28 to 29 either.

Deiter

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2022, 02:41:37 pm »

My update wizard takes a very long time to update and eventually hangs. I have a ver 30 master license.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2022, 02:49:46 pm »

My update wizard takes a very long time to update and eventually hangs. I have aver 30 master license.

What update Wizard?  MC?

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2022, 04:20:07 pm »

After updating to the new version, this happens. It seems every setting is the same as of version 29, but on version 30 something is not right. The tooltip, it should be the same. I found other issues in some playlist. Where I have 2 lines showing in 29 is alright but on 30 is not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up