INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for RemyJ  (Read 651 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Question for RemyJ
« on: March 06, 2003, 04:58:38 am »

Hi RemyJ,

One of the bugs you reported was:

The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you clarify it a little, with an example?

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

RemyJ

Re: Question for RemyJ
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 05:54:20 pm »

Yep...

Let's say you have a set of APE files from a soundtrack with the correct track artist in the "Artist" database field.   For file organization purposes (and to make auto Album Artist feature work),  I always put these into a "Soundtrack" artist directory instead of distributing the tracks among directories named for each of the track artists.

The converter however, only has a fixed "artist\album" scheme so when I convert these to MP3, the tracks get redistributed to each of the track artist directories breaking auto album artist.

We should have the same directory and file template capability for convert destination as we do for rip/encode destination, rename files, etc.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

RemyJ

Re: Question for RemyJ
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 09:06:28 am »

While we're talking about the converter, how about a few more file disposition options...

For the source file...
Leave on disk, leave cataloged
Leave on disk, but untatalog
Delete from disk and uncatalog

For the destination file...
Catalog
Don't Catalog

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up