INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 30.0.18 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 2557 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 30.0.18 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: October 07, 2022, 01:25:37 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 30.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300018-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300018.exe (works on all systems)

30.0.18 (10/6/2022)

1. Fixed: The new time-shifting for bda tuners did not delete stale data, so the disk usage would grow indefinitely.
2. NEW: Cloudplay home page shows cover art for last 5 playlists which can be clicked to play.

30.0.17 (10/4/2022)

1. Fixed: Ripping DVD and BD discs would get stuck at initializing for rip.

30.0.16 (10/4/2022)

1. Changed: Renamed DVBC frequency table file from "Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glentevejens" to "Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glenten", and a frequency entry in the file was updated.  Thanks ABA!
2. Changed: When getting Theater View backdrop images (for movies and TV series) from TheMovieDB, we will attempt to use only the images that are tagged with the language code that matches the default local language.  If that fails we will fall back to any language.
3. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search only returns a failure if no matching files are found with the "play" action, otherwise an empty list.
4. Changed: When searching for cover art, if art is found named [Filename] - [Poster] it will be used (so Titanic - Poster.jpg will work for the movie Titanic.mkv).
5. NEW: Added the ability to clean accents (replace Á with A, etc.) to the Clean(...) expression (thanks to blgentry for the help).
6. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
7. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).

30.0.15 (9/30/2022)

1. Fixed: Potential fix for a rare crash in Theater View on audio track changes.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.90.
3. NEW: Added an option to back up a disc to the computer using MakeMKV.
4. Changed: Switching profiles will no longer select all titles in the MakeMKV title selection dialog.

30.0.14 (9/27/2022)

1. Fixed: HEIF images from library servers could not be opened.
2. Fixed: The new time-shifting for bda tuners did not clean up the time-shifting folder properly after each session.
3. Fixed: "Clean up time-shifting folders..." tool left .jrtr files in folders.
4. Fixed: Video thumbnails were not always being rotated properly for portrait-style videos.
5. Fixed: "TV Options/Restart Player" context menu item was not available in the new time-shifting for bda TV devices.
6. Fixed: When starting TV in the new time-shifting, the volume was not set properly (requiring an user action to get it right).
7. Fixed: When starting a DMS TV channel, the volume was not set smoothly (often set in two stage, first the full volume, then the correct volume).
8. Changed: Cloudplay pages in MC now support "back" navigation.
9. Fixed: Menu buttons on Cloudplay pages wrap without getting cut off (always shown, no longer collapse).
10. Fixed: Fonts could get cached after DPI/size changes, resulting in the wrong size.
11. NEW: Added an option to enable per-monitor DPI scaling.
12. Fixed: The context menu options "Go To Earliest Time" and "Go To Latest Time" did not work for the new time-shifting.

30.0.13 (9/22/2022)

1. Changed: More tuning of the smooth progress bar.

30.0.12 (9/21/2022)

1. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
2. Changed: In the MakeMKV title selection dialog, checking a title will now check title items based on the profile configuration.
3. Fixed: Ctrl+J (JRVR OSD info) did not work when time-shifting a bda TV device.
4. Fixed: Ctrl+R (JRVR reset) did not work in all types of live TV playback.
5. NEW: JRVR performance profiles can now be selected in the JRVR General settings.
6. Changed: Adjusted the progress bar at track endings a little more.

30.0.11 (9/19/2022)

1. NEW: Added a "Hide unchanged files" option to "Rename, Move, & Copy files...".
2. Changed: Tweaked TV start up and channel changing with the new time-shifting and fixed the issue of low-stream-rate channel being slow to start.
3. Fixed: The position slider could stop moving near the end of the file.
4. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.81.
5. Fixed: Clicking "Close" on a tag could reopen the editing if the click was right above the field.
6. NEW: Added support for expert mode profiles when ripping using MakeMKV.
7. Fixed: Channel switching from one ATSC channel to another one on the same transport (i.e. the same major channel) did not work (as if there was no signal).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 30.0.18 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 04:26:31 pm »

The new Media Network > SSDP (Device Discovery) crashes out of MC a few seconds after I open a drop down device info line and scroll it within SSDP.  It crashes consistently, but I have not done a deep dive exploration.

Crash dump files sent to logs at jriver dot com.

MC 30.0.18 Win 11 22H2 64-bit
(also on 30.0.15 Win 11 before the 22H2 update)

dotnet

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 10:49:28 pm »

I am getting horizontal artifacts in all videos. These appear as a line in fast moving scenes usually in the upper half of the video. I have Win 11 22h2 with the newest Nvidia driver, Rtx 2080 Super. I have tried JRVR in all profiles, MadVR, and it's present always. It's like a refresh issue? It's very noticeable when fast forwarding in videos as it tears the frames where Mc29 scroll thru scenes fluidly. I have tried all the same settings in MC29 and it works flawlessly and is my daily driver. It's not an in your face type flaw except I have a 65" Oled and spot dirt on a facial pour. I saw no other mentions of this issue so I will just point it out and wait to see if others find this as well or if it's system specific to myself.

manicfiddler

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 07:51:53 am »

Recording to JTV format off Channel 4 HD off of a TBS6205, folders are created, .jrts and .cnk files created, but no .jtv files, so does not show up in Recorded TV. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 08:19:41 am »

I am getting horizontal artifacts in all videos. These appear as a line in fast moving scenes usually in the upper half of the video. I have Win 11 22h2 with the newest Nvidia driver, Rtx 2080 Super. I have tried JRVR in all profiles, MadVR, and it's present always. It's like a refresh issue? It's very noticeable when fast forwarding in videos as it tears the frames where Mc29 scroll thru scenes fluidly. I have tried all the same settings in MC29 and it works flawlessly and is my daily driver. It's not an in your face type flaw except I have a 65" Oled and spot dirt on a facial pour. I saw no other mentions of this issue so I will just point it out and wait to see if others find this as well or if it's system specific to myself.
The settings may be different.  I don't think this is an MC problem.   I'll move this to a new thread.

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 06:54:10 am »

I see in the file properties (MediaCenter300018-x64.exe) that the digital signature is missing.
Is this true?
Is this wanted?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 07:36:25 am »

I see in the file properties (MediaCenter300018-x64.exe) that the digital signature is missing.
Is this true?
Is this wanted?
No.  It will be fixed today or tomorrow.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 02:20:19 pm »

7. NEW: Added a library backup option (Options > Library & Folder > Thumbnails in library backups) to ask for thumbnails inclusion or just turn them on or off.

Thank you for continuing to fix the small but important things. This bugged me every day since thumbnail backup was added. Much appreciated.

BradATIMA

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 03:02:56 pm »

The new Media Network > SSDP (Device Discovery) crashes out of MC a few seconds after I open a drop down device info line and scroll it within SSDP.  It crashes consistently, but I have not done a deep dive exploration.

Crash dump files sent to logs at jriver dot com.

MC 30.0.18 Win 11 22H2 64-bit
(also on 30.0.15 Win 11 before the 22H2 update)

Thank you for the report. It should be fixed in the next build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up