INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 22 , Gizmo, stream to tablet in car?  (Read 807 times)

robgil

• World Citizen
JRiver 22 , Gizmo, stream to tablet in car?
« on: December 10, 2022, 12:40:39 pm »

I have Jr22 on my home PC, my car has a dedicated 4g internet network, is it possible to stream music and video from my home PC to my cars network via an Amazon HD8 tablet? I have put gizmo on the tablet and it works on my home network. Is this possible? I am not very tech savvy so please if you could in laymans terms I would appreciate it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JrIVER 22 , Gizmo, stream to taBLET IN CAR?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 06:02:59 pm »

Probably.  It depends on exactly what you want to do.

Read the wiki topic on Media Network.  Turn it on in MC settings on the server.  Try connecting to it.

robgil

• World Citizen
Re: JrIVER 22 , Gizmo, stream to taBLET IN CAR?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 08:05:08 am »

I cant find any settings for the server? I want to be able to access JRiver on my PC from anywhere over the internet, for instance, if I am at a friends house using their internet can I access and stream from my home PC?

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: JRiver 22 , Gizmo, stream to tablet in car?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 11:11:26 pm »

This isn't a function of JRiver MC, but something you need to setup in your home network; either via a VPN or Port Forwarding to allow access to your internal network from an external one.

Plenty of discussion in this forum on those topics, just google "port forwarding" or "VPN" + "jriver"  and check out https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access.

Pages: [1]   Go Up