INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 30.0.41 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 4578 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 30.0.41 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: December 13, 2022, 12:47:20 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 30.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300041-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300041.exe (works on all systems)

30.0.41 (12/12/2022)

1. Optimized: IPTV channel setup is much faster.
2. Fixed: TV logos for IPTV channels might have been downloaded hundreds of times during TV setup.
3. Fixed: Adaptive Volume would not reload nicely with DSP Presets.
4. NEW: Skins can tell options to not draw borders (<Entry Name="OptionsList" ><Data DrawBorders="0" />).

30.0.40 (12/8/2022)

1. NEW: Add option to open Image Preview when double-clicking an image.
2. Fixed: Image Preview would show GetFile as title for every image when using a library server client.
3. Fixed: Current selection would sometimes not be visible when showing or closing Image Preview.
4. Changed: Disabled drag-n-drop for files on the Edge and Chromium WebView.
5. Changed: Ran all the translations through the tool to update to the latest strings from the source code.
6. Fixed: Remote Control page and other borders could be back unintentionally for a few builds.

30.0.39 (12/6/2022)

1. Improved: More reduction of the amount of time for TV guide loading and displaying.
2. Changed: Switched the VST flush of silence from five second to three seconds to make stopping a little faster with slow filters.
3. Changed: The text "Press escape to exit Display View" could show incorrectly in Playing Now Overview.

30.0.38 (12/1/2022)

1. Changed: Turned the test tone generated by Room Correction down a little because it could clip.
2. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Artists to main search box.
3. Improved: Reduced the amount of time for MC to load TV guide programs.
4. Changed: Spotlight uses skin image for missing audio thumbnails.
5. Fixed: Some Artist images for Spotlight were broken.

30.0.37 (11/29/2022)

1. Changed: Updated to WavPack 5.6.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.98.
3. Changed: Options that are disabled no longer respond to mouse-over.
4. Fixed: The Playing Now overview view would not size the duration column correctly when running with scale.
5. Changed: Zone presets will be sorted by name.
6. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
7. Fixed: The new smooth progress bar could cause problems during DLNA playback.
8. Changed: Windows that are not popups will no longer have window borders (applies to the remote options page for example).
9. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Actors/Directors to main search box.
10. Fixed: Artwork could be sized incorrectly in some cases.

30.0.36 (11/23/2022)

1. Fixed: When playing a TV channel using Transport Stream time-shifting (the new time-shifting), the OSD program info text stayed forever unless another OSD came along to replace it..
2. Changed: The position slider is smooth at the end of a track instead of jumping to a slightly different position and moving less smooth.
3. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Movies and TV Shows to main search box (see entries at the end of the dropdown).
4. NEW: Added the ability to export and import all Theater View templates.
5. Fixed: The transport stream time-shifting did not clean up buffering files properly when viewing of a TV channel was stopped (.jrts and *.jrts.cnk files were left in folders).

30.0.35 (11/21/2022)

1. Changed: Removed the 4k logo from Theater View.  Different changes to come later.
2. Changed: The installer no longer allows installation into the root of the program files folder.
3. Fixed: Recording on BDA TV devices and OpenCABLE and Sat>IP devices did not work if the user configured recording format was JTV and if the devices used transport stream time-shifting.  Now if such combination of settings are used, recording will switch to TS format.
4. Changed: "Legacy method" (as referring to program stream time-shifting method) is renamed "original method".
5. Changed: Default time-shifting method is changed to the original method, instead of "Use Transport Stream Time-shifting for bda tuners in addition to ...".

30.0.34 (11/18/2022)

1. Changed: The skin name hash is stored along with the view header images so changing skins will not require a restart for custom artwork to populate.
2. Fixed: Increased the internal buffer in the non-DirectShow video engine to improve playback of files with bad interleaving.  This includes fixing the issue with live TV played in non-DirectShow engine (new time-shifting for bda and OpenCABLE, DMS) of some TV stations.
3. NEW: A 4k bubble is shown in Theater View when zooming into a 4k movie.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DJLegba

Re: JRiver Media Center 30.0.41 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 07:05:29 pm »

Stop after X Tracks stops before track X has finished.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 08:49:58 am »

Thumbnails -

After building ALL thumbnails and backing them up with the library backup, all was well with few if any thumbnails being created during Import.

Today during an Import operation MC shows itself rebuilding 9539 thumbnails.
I know of no reason this should have been necessary as I have made no mass changes and recent imports are in the dozen hundreds.
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 11:26:40 am »

Thumbnails -

After building ALL thumbnails and backing them up with the library backup, all was well with few if any thumbnails being created during Import.

Today during an Import operation MC shows itself rebuilding 9539 thumbnails.
I know of no reason this should have been necessary as I have made no mass changes and recent imports are in the dozen hundreds.
Do you use removable drives? What is your setting at "Options > Tree and View > Thumbnails > Thumbnail Exit Behaviour"?

If it is set to "Remove Orphans", and the removable drive is not connected, that might be enough to cause that, as MC rebuilds the thumbs for the previously disconnected, now connected, removable drive. That's my best guess at the situation.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 12:13:33 pm »

Thanks, Marko, I do believe you've solved it.
I did have 'Remove Orphans' checked and my removable drive WAS offline this morning due to a power supply issue.

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2022, 07:39:32 am »

Dears, while the issue with filenaming when syncing to Android devices has been resolved, now there are some other issues. I could repeat these using two different clients, various USB cables.
Scenario: MC Server with Clients attached. MC clients to sync various playlists to Android device. Issues:
1. Some playlists get only partially transferred, and entries from those playlists are only partially shown in the sync queue, although all entries do work when playing with MC.
2. Many errors during upload from local client to Android device. Simple status "Fehler" (German for error) in the queue

I tested this with two different devices, various cables. All the same - unpredictable - behaviour.
On top, the playlists on the device after copying show some entries correct, others show links like: m01p:\\192.168.0.19:52199\MCWS\v1\File\GetFile?File=229632

I also tested agains a lokal folder. Same issues...

Logs attached.

thanks

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 04:13:22 am »

On top, the playlists on the device after copying show some entries correct, others show links like: m01p:\\192.168.0.19:52199\MCWS\v1\File\GetFile?File=229632
After restarting both one client and server, deleting all files on the device and updating/fixing the stacks (which include converted files), now everything was transferred correctly to the device, but the playlists consistently only show the "m01p[...]"  links instead - as configured - the relative paths to the files...

On top - full synchronisation everytime.

For another post regarding synch issues: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134679.0.html

bangkokbrian

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2022, 01:35:02 am »

I've just upgraded to MC 30.0.41 from MC 30.0.26 and I now get the error message as shown in the attached file.
I've narrowed it down to the audio format being DTS but I've never had any problem with DTS audio format in MC 30.0.26.
What's happening?

scubarob

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 01:16:29 pm »

I have noticed that Bitstreaming for 4K video has not worked since 30.0.31. When set to HDMI, or Custom, audio will not function. There were no issues in ver 29 or 28. Bitstreaming has not worked since 30.0.31.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 09:57:58 am »

MC open and idle in background, USB music drive goes to sleep.

Click on an Artist, scroll to an Album, Right-click on the album or hover to get info and MC freezes. I cannot scroll and MC is totally unresponsive.
If I click on it again I get the Windows message that it has stopped running and do I wish to close it.

I expect this is due to the USB drive sleeping and MC not waiting for it to awaken. I could understand that stalling playback, but browsing in the database/library should not require a response from the drive should it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 03:46:18 am »

If the drive isn't accessible, MC will wait, then give up.  It's largely up to the OS to handle this.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 07:38:58 am »

If the drive isn't accessible, MC will wait, then give up.  It's largely up to the OS to handle this.

It IS accessible, it just goes to sleep during inactivity, which I believe is normal behavior. Shouldn't MC know to wait for external drives when they are waking from sleep?
Pages: [1]   Go Up