INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Particles not working on HD Based DVD files (ifo based)  (Read 422 times)

mvandyke

• World Citizen
Particles not working on HD Based DVD files (ifo based)
« on: December 27, 2022, 10:30:54 am »

If the Video has a ifo based file name and uses the standard \AUDIO and \VIDEO subdirectory and a DVD Menu system, Particle can be defined but they will not work.  I can create them, they look fine from a JRiver perspective but when I play them they go to the DVD menu system and do not go to the defined playback range.   

If the Video is in one file only (VOB,MKV,MP4, etc) and is not a collect of files in the format defined above with no DVD Menu, then I can get particles to work.

In the attched file all file names that end in the ext. (VOB,MKV,MP4, etc) work as particles.  Those that have the \VIDEO\TS\Video_TS.dvd:1 do not work.

Using 30.0.41.

Can someone please confirm?

Thanks
Matt

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Particles not working on HD Based DVD files (ifo based)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 11:14:55 am »

Forgive me, but what's a particle?  A web search gives me molecules, atoms and electrons (even if I search "particle relating to video").  Interact Forum search here returns 4 or 5 threads referring to particles... but no explanation or what they are or do? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 11:55:35 am »

You can set a beginning and end time in any track to make a particle.  It acts like a new track afterward.  I think there's a wiki topic.

You can always add jriver to a Google search.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 02:34:01 pm »

FYI - here is the WIKI for Particles - https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles and I use them to break up both Music and TV DVD / BD's into Tracks and Eps respectively

To get Time Based Particles to work, you first must "Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles" (these play without the Menu), THEN using the correct "Title Particle" create a Particle for each Playback Range you want.

JRiver CEO Elect

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 05:03:33 pm »

FYI - here is the WIKI for Particles - https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles and I use them to break up both Music and TV DVD / BD's into Tracks and Eps respectively

To get Time Based Particles to work, you first must "Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles" (these play without the Menu), THEN using the correct "Title Particle" create a Particle for each Playback Range you want.

PERFECT - That worked.  I've created lots of Particles in the past but from one single file and not a DVD hard disk based file.  We might want to add that documentation to the wiki page.

Thanks a ton!

Pages: [1]   Go Up