More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

Directions

<< < (6/6)

darichman:
Just installed 31 (I cannot believe we are at a number that high!)

In all honesty, MC is already perfect to me for audio and video media. There are some longstanding issues I continue to have with photos/personal videos. I would like to continue using MC for my primary import, tagging and organisation of personal media (photos and home vids). My goal has always been MC as the source of truth for this media, which launches into other paradigms (adobe, google photos mainly).

Limitations for this continue to be inconsistent storing of metadata across these programs, and I'll quote some previous requests that still top my list!

--- Quote from: darichman on January 27, 2022, 06:44:15 pm ---Almost at MC30!

For me, some attention to photos and home videos would be a big win. I have some old requests here and here.

But namely

* More control over EXIF date handling (I can tag date in a scanned photo but still stored/read in other programs as the file date)
* Revisiting tag mapping to improve integration with other platforms (lightroom, google photos)
* Cleaning up date reading in camera/phone video files when imported (details in the linked threads above)
* Fix/move/add geotags could be cool

--- End quote ---

JimH:
darichman,
Could you start a thread with a title like "Image Change Requests" and use your old posts as the starting point?  Let's see how much interest there is.

I use the image handling as much as anything else so I'm aware of its importance.

And you deserve some attention for all your contributions to the forum.  21 years now!

darichman:

--- Quote from: JimH on April 24, 2023, 12:09:23 am ---darichman,
Could you start a thread with a title like "Image Change Requests" and use your old posts as the starting point?  Let's see how much interest there is.

I use the image handling as much as anything else so I'm aware of its importance.

And you deserve some attention for all your contributions to the forum.  21 years now!

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jim. I have just done this here. Sorry it took me a while - I had a trip down memory lane and dredged up some of my old threads!

I appreciate any attention, but do not expect it! If anything my contributions have waned in the past decade (I certified as a clinical geneticist) and then again last few years (I have two small boys keeping me very busy). This is also because my audio and video needs are largely now met! But I do use MC for photos/home videos just about every weekend. MC has always been a fixture in my household and I'm thankful for the community (and the software!) Let me know if I can clarify or troubleshoot any of the requests in that thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version