More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

Directions

<< < (5/6) > >>

mattkhan:

--- Quote from: JimH on April 15, 2023, 12:19:28 pm ---Did you use Google to search?  I get the wiki topics.

--- End quote ---
With MC, I often find that i only find or notice the right info once I look after already finding out that info via some other route (if you see what I mean). I think it's because the info is scattered around in different places (multiple threads, wiki pages) but certainly I have had that experience many times.

Put another way, I can find stuff once I know it exists somewhere but discovery is a challenge

JimH:
I sometimes feel the same way.  It's a big program with lots of moving parts.

mattkhan:

--- Quote from: JimH on April 10, 2023, 03:24:16 am ---Evangelism by our community on other sites is extremely helpful.  Maybe we could reward it or recognize it better.  We don't get as much exposure on other sites as we could.  I think that's partly because this forum is so strong that users rely on it and not other forums.

--- End quote ---
I don't think I've seen MC31 formally mentioned anywhere, do you want to see any comments on other sites referencing some of the features coming up or wait til you have publicly announced it first?

JimH:

--- Quote from: mattkhan on April 19, 2023, 05:05:05 pm ---I don't think I've seen MC31 formally mentioned anywhere, do you want to see any comments on other sites referencing some of the features coming up or wait til you have publicly announced it first?

--- End quote ---
Oddly, new versions are somewhat contentious.  People who bought recently are sometimes miffed.  So wait a little bit.  In another week or two, we may have something public.  Thanks for the thought though.

mattkhan:
make a concerted effort to expression language less obscure/more intuitive

I would think this has to be one of the bigger barriers to entry for users doing stuff with MC

a really trivial example, it makes you jump through obscure hoops if your value isn't a string.

If I can write an expression that interprets a numeric field as a number, your expression parser can compile the same and do it automatically

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version