More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (5/45) > >>

Hendrik:

--- Quote from: mattkhan on April 15, 2023, 08:14:30 am ---fwiw I tried that in mpv and, in about 5mins, I had it quite roughly dialled in. The fiddly bit is the need to edit a text file & restart a test pattern, if it were feasible to do that in near real time (e.g. a dialog overlay with a spinner that moves a value up and down so you can watch the image distort) then that would be really nice. I wonder if, because it's a shader, it would be possible to do this outside of jrvr? something like a little util that is an offshoot of theatre view, which renders an & which has the required controls built in? Certainly that would be v neat/user friendly even if it might be more effort than it's worth.

--- End quote ---

We could integrate it into the JRVR settings, which generally apply live (at least when you hit "Apply") and even while video is paused, that would be relatively easy and a whole lot better then config editing already.

Outside of JRVR is not so easy, as the entire shader processing is of course tied to JRVR itself.

Hendrik:

--- Quote from: lepa on April 15, 2023, 03:48:36 am ---For me the first priority before all this fancy stuff would be handling of HDR over network (remotes etc). As most new releases are HDR more and more videos requires tonemap/pass through to be playable on the clients. Perhaps team also thinks this way already but thought it doesn't hurt to mention it.

--- End quote ---

The original post above includes HDR transcoding/streaming with some comments. Its a tricky thing to do in a way thats still realtime fast (might require GPU power, which is a bit more complicated in transcoding then it is for playback). But I understand the need for it with more and more content being HDR. Its definitely something I want to finally do, but it needs to be done right.

SamuriHL:
Remember when you add dynamic tone mapping, I want to still output HDR.  :)  This is great for the LG's that can set a tone curve.  If I can tone map to 880 nits, I'm gonna be happy.

mattkhan:

--- Quote from: Hendrik on April 15, 2023, 09:12:12 am ---We could integrate it into the JRVR settings, which generally apply live (at least when you hit "Apply") and even while video is paused, that would be relatively easy and a whole lot better then config editing already.

--- End quote ---
that would be great (particularly as it would need to be part of a profile)

would it be possible to add an equivalent MCWS call to Playback/LoadDSPPreset? if so, it means it could be updated easily on the fly from another device

Hendrik:
The first version is available now and features the re-designed tone mapping pipeline. Any feedback on quality would be appreciated. You can turn on peak detection/dynamic tone mapping in the Advanced section (or load the "Quality" preset), I'll likely move the option back to the Output page later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version