More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (2/45) > >>

SamuriHL:

--- Quote from: Hendrik on April 11, 2023, 03:28:20 am ---On transcoding improvements - it would greatly benefit from introducing GPU processing, for scaling, tonemapping, deinterlacing, and all that. However, I have been reluctant to do this for the time being due to stability concerns, as well as keeping it functional on systems without GPU power.
But with video moving as fast as it does, having a GPU to process video for transcoding might become a requirement, or at least required if those features are desired to be used. We'll investigate this topic in the coming months.

--- End quote ---

Curious about this from a cross-platform perspective.  Obviously on Windows you have nVidia, AMD, and Intel that all support this to varying degrees.  I suspect similar on Linux.  On Mac, I have a MacBook Pro 16 M2 Max which should have plenty of GPU power for this.  Would it target that, as well?

Hendrik:
We might look into Mac hardware encoding at some point, but its the least supported and explored for the software stack we're using.

SamuriHL:
Yea, fair enough.  It's an amazing video editing machine, though which is why I bought it.  (Davinci).  Would be really awesome to see it get some love at some point but totally get how priorities go.

mattkhan:
Is calibration considered "done" at this point? And video profiles (per client/library item)?

Hendrik:
JRVR Profiles are part of the settings, not the library, so they should be per-client. Unless I'm missing some mechanism here that totally eludes me? Or you want them synced?
Making profiles per library item would be up to you, you could just define a field with some specific values, and then have the profiles look at that field. This is not exactly per item settings, but I would assume many share similar characteristics.

If you had anything else in mind, let us know.

As for calibration, calibrating HDR output is still a bit of a weird topic, and we will mostly rely on the entire ecosystem to figure that out a bit more.
Otherwise, we can do ICC and 3DLUT now. Anything else in that area I missed?

The list above is not necessarily exhaustive, and if there are any requests for topics we have worked on in the past, or new ones, they will be considered. I might have forgotten something just now when making the list, so feel free to remind us as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version