More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (3/45) > >>

mattkhan:

--- Quote from: Hendrik on April 11, 2023, 09:33:57 am ---JRVR Profiles are part of the settings, not the library, so they should be per-client. Unless I'm missing some mechanism here that totally eludes me? Or you want them synced?
Making profiles per library item would be up to you, you could just define a field with some specific values, and then have the profiles look at that field. This is not exactly per item settings, but I would assume many share similar characteristics.

If you had anything else in mind, let us know.

--- End quote ---
ok I see, it feels a little tricky to manage in that a profile covers all settings as opposed some subset (c.f. madvr profiles) though I guess most (all?) of the jrvr settings are currently really driven by your hardware so should be client only? I'm not using jrvr in anger myself (yet) so my comments are necessarily a bit abstract.

Hendrik:

--- Quote from: mattkhan on April 11, 2023, 04:39:27 pm ---ok I see, it feels a little tricky to manage in that a profile covers all settings as opposed some subset

--- End quote ---

JRVR profiles are actually isolated to the config section they are in, eg. Output has its own profiles. As does Scaling, etc. This should give some flexibility to have profiles for performance (eg. in scaling), as well as profiles related to the display or such in Output.

mattkhan:
Right ok, I didn't realise that

I think a mechanism to remotely manage configuration would be nice (I mentioned this in the context of using DSP studio on remote zones recently, same thing), perhaps including a way to copy from one to another

JustinChase:
It's been a while since I've brought this up, and it's never been acknowledged by JRiver before, so I'm not sure if it's just never going to be considered, but since you're working on video, I figure it can't hurt to throw it out there again.

I use a detached display often while working to watch videos, and I'm constantly having to manually adjust the display window size to match the video playing aspect ratio, which just gets old fast.

I would really love it if MC could behave like youtube and windows media center, and force the display window to match the video aspect ratio automatically.  if a playlist moves to a different video of a different aspect ratio, the window should adapt to keep the video 'full screen inside the detached display' automatically/dynamically.

Or, if I grab any side of the detached display to resize it, the window should adjust both horizontal and vertical sizes to keep the video 'full screen'.

I hope when you get to the automatic black bar detection work you mentioned above, this is a "simple" change that can also be made.

I can see no good reason to have the detached window be bigger on one side than the video playing, other than any work required to 'fix' the current behavior.

thanks for considering!

jmone:
One more.  Now that we can detect Object Based Audio (ATMOS/DTS-X etc), can we have a Tools--> Options--> Audio--> Bitstreaming--> checkbox for just bit streaming these?  Long Live videoclock!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version