More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (13/45) > >>

jmone:

--- Quote from: mattkhan on May 01, 2023, 01:52:05 am ---not sure I'd say never, you'd need to ask for the feature and see if it gets implemented

there are plenty of MCC commands for various things after all so doesn't seem impossible to me

--- End quote ---

I agree, either a request for MCC commands or in JRVR Profiles --> Profile Selection Rules allow selection based on a User Assigned keypress should do the trick. 

JNW:

--- Quote from: murray on April 30, 2023, 07:09:31 pm ---Maybe Hendrick might explain the "ins and outs" of adaptive sharpening...
I need to wait for custom sharder support to get what I want, can you please explain what does this mean?
So it looks like I will never be able to use three different sharpness settings without opening settings page. If thats the case this wouldnt work for me as popping up a menu in the middle of a movie would certainly kill the experience.

--- End quote ---

Adaptive sharpen tries to sharpen blurry edges the most whilst doing the least sharpening for very sharp edges and flat areas.

The adaptive sharpen used is this:
https://gist.github.com/igv/8a77e4eb8276753b54bb94c1c50c317e

Optimal sharpening strength (according to objective metrics) - 0.5 (default setting)

Hendrik was kind enough to give us a box where we can adjust the strength up and down easily without editing the actual shader.

Hendrik:
Note that for settings handling reasons, our strength is multiplied by 100 if that wasn't obvious. So 0.5 in the script is 50 in the settings.

murray:

--- Quote from: JNW on May 02, 2023, 01:40:06 am ---Adaptive sharpen tries to sharpen blurry edges the most whilst doing the least sharpening for very sharp edges and flat areas.

The adaptive sharpen used is this:
https://gist.github.com/igv/8a77e4eb8276753b54bb94c1c50c317e

Optimal sharpening strength (according to objective metrics) - 0.5 (default setting)

Hendrik was kind enough to give us a box where we can adjust the strength up and down easily without editing the actual shader.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for answering my initial question.

mattkhan:
a couple of quality of life enhancements, it would be nice/convenient if....

.. the currently active profile is selected for you in the JRVR settings dialog when that dialog is opened while playback is active

.. geometry correction is applied to the OSD

I'm guessing the latter can be filed under "never going to happen" but you never know :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version