INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software Update system  (Read 783 times)

Enger

• Recent member
Software Update system
« on: April 24, 2023, 10:57:38 pm »

I have been sitting on Version 29.xx  until today.  I paid for Version-30 license back on Sept 1, 2022 and installed the license (supposedly).
I clicked on "Check for updates" regularly.   I got a couple of verison-29 updates, but it NEVER upgraded me to version-30.
 I assumed it was not out yet.

I then received the E-mail asking me to pre-order Verison-31.

I clicked on "Check for updates" TODAY and got a "paid upgrade is available".   (mind you I am sitting on version 29, and have the version-30 license INSTALLED, supposedly?)

I purchased version-31 license today and tried to install it, and got an error message.
I then manually downloaded version-30, installed it, and had no trouble installing the Verison-31 license into MC-30.

Things I hope you will consider improving:
1)  If I click on "check for updates", it ought to find the new version and let me install it.  It shouldn't strand us on an old version.  (And the update-license was already installed!!!)
2)  Clicking on "Registration Information" should show WHICH VERSION of the license is currently installed in JRiver.  (I am not asking you to display the super-secret activation code.  Just tell us "Version-X License" is currently installed.  (To illustrate how misleading the current scenario is:  It presently says "Product JRiver Media Center 30  30.0.91  (Registered License)".  And this is with the MC-31 license installed.  If the Registration Info dialog-box stated, "(Registered License for Media Center 31)", that would be a big improvement.)

I understand license and software-update software is not a selling point of the product, and it is mundane and boring and only happens (maybe) once per year.  BUT it is quite frustrating.  I hope your team can find the time to improve the licensing and software-update experience.
Thank you for enduring this screed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Software Update system
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 12:44:36 am »

I'm sorry you had these problems.

We do email customers who have purchased, telling them that the new download (MC30) is available.  It is available first on the forum, then on the Download Page.  We do this more than once.

It's likely that the email went to your spam folder and you never saw it.  It's even possible that your provider blocked it and you never received it.

We also have a thread each cycle titled "Where is MC" on the new board.  If you watch it, we announce the progress there.

Where is MC31

The forum and the download page are your more reliable source of information.

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 11:46:36 pm »

I yearly buy the master upgrade license. Made sure my JRiver 30 has the lastest update. It worked well for my Windows computer, but doesn't work form my one Mac. In JRver Mac is mentioned "up-to-date v. 30.0.25"
But when I clich on the license key (from JRiver mail), I receive the message this license is key is for a different operating system and cannot be installed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 12:43:20 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up