INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 31 - there may be a problem  (Read 690 times)

krgoodwin

• Recent member
Media Center 31 - there may be a problem
« on: May 12, 2023, 07:14:57 pm »

Never any problems since version 22.  Now with Media Center 31 having been installed, I get a truly great error message, "there may be a problem".  Three possible causes listed: 1. multiple user accounts 2. Both Media Center 31 and Media Server are both in the Windows Startup.  3.  The program is not responding.  I suspect # 2 since I don't know how to even set up multiple account and # 3 is non-descript.  The only time I think I see (windows) media server is when I choose options in the MC31 install options list.  Trying to ascertain how to remove Media Server if it is truly running at Windows Start Up involves a pile of Internet suggestions, none of which seem to work and some even get down to BitLocker permissions.  Suggestions?

krgoodwin

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 31 - there may be a problem
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 08:07:53 pm »

Seems that the problem is having the shortcut to the program in the task bar.  Using the shortcut placed on the desktop during MC31, the task manager shows one instantiation of MC31.  Using a shortcut copied to the taskbar, the task manager shows two instantiations of MC31.  Beyond my pay grade but I now know how to avoid the error message when I start MC31.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 31 - there may be a problem
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 12:22:13 am »

Try rebooting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up