INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Issues with Android Pixel - update with log  (Read 416 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Syncing Issues with Android Pixel - update with log
« on: May 15, 2023, 04:58:34 pm »

Update - found an old thread that said a log file would be helpful.  So, I reran the sync for a few minutes until the errors started occurring and saved/attached that file. 

I've tried a couple times to sync a playlist with my Android Pixel 6.  There are roughly 2700 songs to sync and about 1700 sync'd.  I got error messages on hundreds of songs during the sync process.  The music that is there was from a similar playlist but it has been at least a year since I syncd it.  I don't remember having this problem in the past.  I also don't know how many songs were there to start with.  It could be nothing new is syncing and I am just ending up with the same music as before - I didn't anticipate a problem so didn't document a baseline to compare to.   One bit of data - after the 1st sync about 1700 song made it.  After the 2nd sync - 1500. 

Is there a workaround to the sync process?  For instance, is there some way to save all the song files from a particular playlist to a separate folder that I could then just drag and drop into the music folder on the Pixel?  Should I delete all the music on the Pixel and hope then that more songs would transfer? 

Any help and/or advice appreciated?

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Re: Syncing Issues with Android Pixel - update with log
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 07:47:17 pm »

bumping this. 

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 05:38:50 pm »

would appreciate any help.  :)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 01:32:16 pm »

I am disappointed that no JRiver folks would respond to my plea for help after over a month and two bumps of the thread.  ANY kind of response would have been appreciated even "sorry, you are on your own because we have no idea, are too busy, etc".  Personally, I feel frustrated left hanging in the wind when posting on a forum for resolving technical problems.  :-\

Since I was constrained on disc space and couldn't try this before, I ended up buying a new external disc drive and created a folder on an SSD external drive and using "send to" sent the 2600+ music files over there.  Then I connected my Pixel to the computer and did a copy and paste of all the files from the SSD drive to the music folder on the Pixel.  I just checked and now all the files are there.   

With more steps than using the Sync Handheld function in MC, much head scratching, and $250 in new hardware, now my issue is resolved inelegantly - with zero technical assistance from JRiver it was the only work-around I could figure out.   Updating the thread in case someone else has a similar issue and is looking for a cumbersome workaround.   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 03:05:53 pm »

No answer can mean nobody knows.  I replied to a similar post a day or two ago.  Another user discovered that the phone needed to be set so that the screen stayed on.  I had a similar problem that was a USB power setting on the phone.

Devices can be difficult and there are thousands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up