INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Album Art  (Read 1611 times)

music first

• Junior Woodchuck
No Album Art
« on: June 01, 2023, 04:20:30 pm »

I have not listened to my music for a while do to a new edition to my home.  But I have the house to myself for a few days and wanted to jam a bit.  I had 26 previously.  When I went to listen, my TV screen did not display any album art.  It just said WAV.  I remember an e-mail a while back from JRiver that said consider upgrading to a newer version or you will miss some internet features. 

So I just upgraded to 31 and still can't get the album art to show up, and in fact I am having a hard time getting the network to consistently show up.

I am not particularly tech savvy and just use JRiver to get the wav files stored on my PC to my AVR for music listening. 

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Album Art
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 06:35:15 pm »

Please describe your setup.

How is the TV connected?

music first

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 08:34:56 pm »

Windows PC on second floor of home.  Connection is wireless.  AVR on first floor, hard wired with ethernet cable.  Music files are stored on PC as WAV.  The TV just displays what's playing via HDMI cable out of AVR to the TV HDMI input.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 05:40:14 am »

Two possibilities.

You're using DLNA to play to the receiver.  In that case album art display is dependent on the receiver supporting it.

or

WAV doesn't support internal cover art support.  I don't recall.

I'm guessing it's the first.  Try converting to something else the receiver does support.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 06:00:33 am »

What is the full version of MC that you're using?  MC 31.0.17 is at the top of this board.

music first

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 10:49:56 am »

Thanks for getting back to me!  I really appreciate it.  I am using 31.0.10.  I played around with settings and did a restart and it is fine now.  Sounding good.  I did have a question about audio format.  My music is a mix of WAV and Flac files.  Does it matter which audio output I use, PCM 16bit or 24bit?
Pages: [1]   Go Up