INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync to Android  (Read 409 times)

pinoyputi

• Recent member
Sync to Android
« on: June 17, 2023, 10:19:20 am »

I am using JRiver MC for ages now. The program does a lot of good things but for a long time  I am waiting for improvements (fixes) for the sync proces with devices.

I am having problems with the sync of playlists to my Android Phones or actually the Micro SD in it. I sync around 50 playlists, around 12.000  Flac/Mp3 track on my 400Gb Sd card in the phone.

It is only JRiver MC that has a problem with it. Both MediaMonkey and Musicbee don't give me any trouble. They even sync through Wifi.

While syncing it suddenly stops. No clues what goes wrong. The songs are on the sd card but MC wants to sync again. Sometimes the JRinfo.xml is suddenly missing.

So I thought, OK take out the micro SD Card and sync it. That works well but I don't like taking it out every time that I include a new song in a playlist. I also notice when using the SD Card it does not makes a JRinfo.xml so MC wants to sync all over again but ofc ourse the card is already full.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sync to Android
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 10:23:33 am »

I had a similar problem on Android and it was solved with a USB setting change.

Another user had a similar problem about a week ago and solved it by changing the phone setting for the screen timeout to no timeout.  You might look for that post.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 05:09:03 pm »

I had a problem several years ago and concluded it was caused by the Android file transfer protocol (especially with external memory cards) being intermittently flaky and that small disruptions upset JRiver causing it to break any in-progress sync.

I side-stepped the issue by syncing from JRiver to a local 'handheld device' folder which is always 100% reliable.

I sync the PC folder with my Android phone in the background with Resilio Sync which works perfectly.

It's a nice solution. To put something on my phone, add it to the folder. To remove it from my phone, delete it from the folder.

pinoyputi

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 06:48:44 am »

Thanks Comox for constructive solution. I am trying this out right now. It is however dissapointing to see that JRiver MC  is so overly sensitive for all kind of settings of phone or usb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up