INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grouping and/or Filters  (Read 231 times)

dorianm

• Junior Woodchuck
Grouping and/or Filters
« on: July 01, 2023, 08:34:09 pm »

I'd like to filter the media, be it albums, artists, or genres, by sample rate, or bit rates.

At this point I seem to only be able to do it when in the "File" view. Which is cumbersome to scroll. Would be much better if I can view the results in thumbnails view.

Then I can select the album or artist I want, and only the media in the wanted sample or bit rate would show.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Grouping and/or Filters
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 06:55:33 am »

The view with thumbnails is called a Categories view.  Because it lets you choose multiple categories to drill down:  Artist, Album, etc.

You are saying that you want another Category for sample rate.  You can definitely make a new categories view and add that.  Or modify an existing view and add a Sample Rate category.

Go to a view that you want to change.  Then select View > Customize View
Now you'll have a dialog with a lot of choices, including a categories list on the left.  You can add your category there.

The Customize Views dialog is extremely powerful and flexible.  You can add something simple and be done with it.  Just know that it goes deep and wide.  This tutorial covers a lot of that ground and is a LOT of information.  It might seem like too much all at once.  You should view this tutorial as more of a reference work on the capabilities of Views.  If you get into doing this, you will come back to this tutorial over and over again to learn more.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0

Best of luck and take care.
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up