INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.118 beta  (Read 3518 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.118 beta
« on: February 20, 2003, 12:52:31 pm »

Media Center 9.0.118 beta is available.  

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90118.exe

Changes

1. Fixed: Internet reading would fail in many cases. (affected YADB, internet radio, etc.)
2. Changed: Search control has more conventional "Paste" logic.
3. Fixed: Search control wouldn't accept Unicode characters from the keyboard.
4. Fixed: Removing a non-imported file from Playing Now when it was also in another zone's Playing Now would cause problems.
5. Changed: Shift+Delete from Playing Now no longer does an aggressive update. (so sorting is now preserved)
6. Fixed: Putting the focus in the search control and then trying to resize MC would cause resizing to fail.
7. Changed: Replay Gain (and other decimal fields) now use the number wizard for searches.
8. Fixed: Search number wizard better handles advanced searches.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
Re: Media Center 9.0.118 beta
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 01:17:49 pm »

When trying to look up track info from Internet during Record Sound.

Get "Failed to connect to YADB server"

Even with popular albums.

Dont even get album not found -  Its YADB not found.

Internet Connections is sound.

nila

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 01:31:11 pm »

You seem to be moving onto the refinement stages a bit so asking for this again:

The 'Auto Install' option - firstly this isn't worded clearly, I'm still not too sure what it means - what does 'after 30 seconds mean?

Secondly - could this be extended to PLEASE just install it and not change our explorer registered extensions already.

Basically I just want the program to install without even worrying about registering or unregistering any extensions. If it does this it'll basically just keep the old extensions that I had set previously.

Slight Enhancement
The 'Filter' - video only, audio only - could this be slightly enhanced so that when it's in audio only the icon changes to have a music note on it, when it's in video mode it has like a reel on it or something and when it's showing all it has something else.

The reason for this being that the way it currently is, there's no visual indication of what filter is set and this can be quite confusing and could lead to a lot of confused people when they say put on the audio filter, forget about it 2 days later and are trying to look at their images and cant for the life of them work out why none are showing.

I've done this and it was VERY confusing for a while until it finally clicked to check the filter.
A simple visual indication of the filter being on would help hugely.

TURBO

• World Citizen
  • MCSE
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 01:43:18 pm »

Excellent guys. Keep posting...more...more. I am hungry...More.... One build at midnight maybe. hiii. c'est la vie!. ;D

mike47268

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 01:52:22 pm »

;D ;D ;D
Just downloaded ver 9.0.118 and was very happy to see that I now have a volume control.  Haven't checked anything else but for those missing a volume control this may be a fix!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 02:39:34 pm »

Excellent guys. Keep posting...more...more. I am hungry...More.... One build at midnight maybe. hiii. c'est la vie!. ;D

Turbo,
Midnight doesn't work for us, but if you can stay up until about 1:15, I think we'll have something, and then again at 3:45.

Listening to: '01 - The Girl From Ipanema' from 'Compact Jazz' by 'Antonio Carlos Jobim' on Media Center 9.0

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 02:43:39 pm »

Thanks for all the fixes!  

1)Clicking a *.rm link downloads the file instead of streaming it.  If I cut and paste the link in to "Open URL of streaming file" dialog box, the file streams fine.  

Clicking on a *.ram link does nothing.  Again, if I cut and paste it into "Open URL of streaming file" dialog box, the file streams fine.  

BOTH file types are registered under MC9 in IE Folder options.  

2)Direct Sound only outputs to the front two channels bypassing the Audigy Surround Sound and digital effects software.  If I attempt to use the MC9 DSP effects and JRSS, it does map to all of my 4 channels, but sounds like crap -- lots of crackling.  

3)ASIO crashes about a minute into an internet audio stream (MP3 web radio).  

4) If you change DSP settings from zone manager they are not saved.  You have to switch to each zone, open DSP from the player window and then adjust the settings.  This has to be done for each zone.  

5)The playlist scrol bar still does not work in Min-Me skins.  I mean dragging the scroll bar or pressing up and down arrows does not scrol the playlist.  THANKS  

6) In the last few builds holding the "next" button for a sertain ammount of time starts fast forwarding.  Nice feature, but you can't tell it's there untill you try it.  It would be nice if the button graphics changed to "fast forward" (two arrows) after holding the next button for a few seconds.   Also, a tooltip that tells you about that function when you hover over the "next" button.

7) SUGGESTION: It would be more intuitive if the Hairstyle player controls had graphics as well as text.  

8 ) QUESTION: I can't really tell the difference in audio quality between ASIO and Wave Mapper.  Not even with audio CDs.  Is there supposed to be a difference ?  

9)FEATURE REQUEST: In WMP9 you can set the "minimize" button to switch to a miniature "task bar" player - a toolbar taskbar that contains the basic player controls.  It seems to me this is more useful than minimizing to system tray.  I know the player controls are accessible by right ckicking on the system tray icon; but that is just not as convenient or elegant.  

10)PLUGIN REQUEST: Can somebody make a Real Player and Quick Time plugins, so that one does not have to install those players.  I know there may be licencing issues, but I know there is a Winamp Real Player plugin floating around the internet.  

Media Center Registered 9.0.118 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\      

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)      
Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB      

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)      
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer      

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max      
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max      
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767      
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav      

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes      
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes      
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

dloneranger

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 03:04:40 pm »

any particular reason why an mp3 with a v1 comment tag and a v2 comment tag gets the v1 comment displayed in preference to the v2 one ?
Dloneranger

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2003, 04:03:58 pm »

I just installed MC 9.0.118 and everything related to audio seems to be working just fine for me now.  

I tried check for updates and then was unable to  d/l the new mp3 encoder.  I then went to Download Manager and mp3 encoder 2.0.53 installed with no problem.

Thank you very much for a great product.  Joe Karnes

Media Center Registered 9.0.118 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 157 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2003, 04:29:38 pm »

ASIOMME.DLL still giving me grief.  Same issue.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Spiffy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2003, 05:20:15 pm »

I am unable to get ASIO output to work at all with my Echo Indigo PCMCIA soundcard. I switch the playback to ASIO and MC sees the card as ASIO Echo WDM, but when I press play it just sits there saying "Buffering...". When I hit stop, MC crashes and somtimes produces a dialog box that says:

There was an error starting playback.

Make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in Media Jukebox playback options.

(double check the output mode, output device, and output bitdepth)

Wave out and DirectSound work just fine. Often, the source is trashed after the crash. I have to eject my soundcard from its' PCMCIA slot and put it back in b/c it won't accept play in any format after MC crashes.

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 644 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2003, 05:36:33 pm »

WooHOO!! Build 118 let's me use my external encoder again!!  Everything is perfect now!! Life is good.  

tdrozdowski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2003, 07:30:42 pm »

YADB is still giving me fits, although one issue was fixed. :)

Here's what I do:

1. place cd into tray and close tray
2. Analyzing devices dialog appears
3. Attempting to connect to YADB dialog appears
4. Track list (in background) is updated with proper album/artist info
5. dialog appears that states connection to YADB has failed.
6. XP presents a dialog that states the Media Core has caused an exception and prompts me to send the report off to redmond (where its unlikely to be answered, I suppose  ;) )
7. Media Center disappears

Now - when I restart MC, with the previous cd still in the tray, MC does not contact YADB to lookup the album for me - so I can rip that cd.  However, when the rip cycle ends, if I click the 'ok' on the dialog box and enter a new cd to be ripped, I go through the above scenario again.

What used to happen at this point was that, if I clicked OK, and then closed the CD tray (with no cd in it), the GUI elements of MC were frozen (yet the screen repaints and I can move the window around).  This was fixed as of this build.   :D

I did notice that prior to build 113 (which is the build this started to happen), when I would insert a cd into the cdrw, I would have to click on the drive in the navigation tree on the left panel of MC to get it to analyze devices and fire off YADB. (and then, everything was just fine)  Now, it does it on insert - it almost seems like WinXP's autoinsert notification is getting in the way of things (which I tried to disable, but haven't found a good way to just turn it off all the way).

=======================================

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3071 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 796 MB

Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: YAMAHA   CRW3200E           Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive F: HP       DVD Writer 200j    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2003, 09:07:21 pm »

SDK still not reporting internal artwork correctly.

Issuing a call like:

pTrack->GetMJ()->GetImageFile( IMAGEFILE_IN_FILE )

Produces a result like:

D:\My Music\Aerosmith\Permanent Vacation\INTERNAL

I initially reported this issue in December 2002.   Any chance this could get looked?

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2003, 09:24:33 pm »

1) I still don't get the ö, é, è etc. Is this just my problem? Because from some other reactions I see that they do not have that problem. I hadn't this problem up til version 0080 or something like that..
Matt: the searchbar works well now, thanks, but... songs in the library still show up scrambled...

2) Slide bars don't work (well) in various playlists. Also: if the slider works, it isn't quick enough. And the up- and down-arrows don't work at all in these playlists.

3) if you want to drag a file within a playlist, the screen runs from the end to the beginning.  
I'll try to explain it a bit: if you have, say, 300 files in a playlist and you want to put number 300 to number 80: when you start dragging you're at position number 1 within 1 second. Some quick jerking with the mouse is required to get to the number 80 position

4) Editing the Name-properties of a jpg or mp3 is very slow responsive (correct English?): when typing the letters appear with quite a delay
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

PsychShack

• Recent member
  • Mmm, donuts!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2003, 10:38:57 pm »

Posted previously on the board:
OK, I am still having the problem in build 9.0.115, and I have figured out exactly when and how to consistently make it happen: If I load up a file while the player is stopped that has not been analyzed for replay gain, and then load up a file that has been analyzed to play (w/o stopping, so a crossfade happens), that file plays way to quiet, unless I click stop and then play again, in which case the volume will be correct.

I downloaded and installed 9.0.118, and I am still having the same exact problem.  Is anyone else experiencing this also?
David Schachner

Get lost in the Psychotic Shack: http://psychshack.netfirms.com/

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2003, 10:50:48 pm »

I still can't sort a playlist by a multi-word field.  For example, if I try and sort a playlist by "Number Plays", it doesn't work - "Sort: Number" is underlined, but "Plays" is not.

nila

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2003, 03:43:36 am »

Wahoo - Seperate icons for images, graphics and video!!

Is this going to be extended for album, artist  etc?

It could in fact be extended by making each field have it's own icon - make it so it uses the same one by default with an option to change the icon.

Also - any chance of seperate icons in explorer for:
playlists, audio, video, image??
Thanks!

BUG
Anyway - bug - I'm playing an album - right click on an image and choose: Add to playing now - it's not adding!

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2003, 04:31:54 am »

EDIT
- works ok when editing a single file (not via properties)
- painfully (and I really mean painfully) slow if I edit through properties although it seems to be only on some fields, namely the 'Name' field
- freezes in properties after two or three changes

RIPPING
-    fails with a 'Read track failed. Unknown error = 1' message although the cd I'm     trying to rip, plays ok through
  ** WORKING AS OF RELEASE 9.0.116 **
although still getting problems connecting to YADB
-    always getting 'No Audio Tracks to copy' message

See 'Can't Rip CD' topic

OPTIONS
- Device Settings/Type is greyed out. Only 'Auto Config' is available

TRACK INFO TEMPLATES
- Displaying 'Notes' on various templates show the lyrics instead of notes

ENCODING
- Converting from WAV to another format does'nt delete the original WAV file even though the appropriate checkbox is checked

CD LABELLER
- rotates the image by 180 degrees
- does'nt print the image

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 27 MB
Resource Info: System - 40 %, GDI - 66 %, User - 40 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2003, 07:36:27 am »

Bug: I just installed b118. The radio stations under "My Stations" are gone.

I did a search and none of them are in your database(?), sooo I re-sumitted.

Suggestion:

1. Is it possible to display radio stations in alpha order?

2. Is it possible to "test" our entries for a new radio station before submitting (my entry for FM92.7 Tango has an error)?

Thanks, John
Thank you,

John

Autoelph

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2003, 10:03:48 am »

- painfully (and I really mean painfully) slow if I edit through properties although it seems to be only on some fields, namely the 'Name' field

Confirmed. Could be a memory leak here, after clicking on "name" field (achinging slow, is it parsing all the names in the db?) clicking out of "name" field produces huge memory leaps, from around 90M up to 130M, and 98% processor usage for about 30 seconds until release, and MC is frozen during this period.

Media Center Registered 9.0.118 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 62 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148 ) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148 ) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive I: MITSUMI  CR-48X8TE          Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2003, 12:22:51 pm »

MC still crashes if I let it sit paused for a while.
James Bailey
Pages: [1]   Go Up