INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Current version hangs  (Read 567 times)

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
Current version hangs
« on: July 13, 2023, 06:45:10 pm »

Just autoupdated to today’s revision by clicking “yes” to the update and restart request in the lefthand menu.  I had just successfully played music and updating a few items in my library. 

Now, clicking on any menu item simply crashes out the app completely.  (Windows error message saying the applications stopped responding.). I can restart the application, but I can’t do anything whatsoever once it loads.

I can uninstall and reinstall, but, if I restore any backed up library, the app completely stops functioning, even after a pc reboot. 

I can’t even tell you the version number of the current installation because I can’t access any menu items at all, but it is the Windows version that is posted as the evaluation version on this website’s landing page. 

I suppose I could do a clean reinstallation after deleting all settings and library, but I don’t want to lose all my playlists.  Before I resort to that, is anyone else having issues with the brand new version that arrived today?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Current version completely crashes out
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 08:18:57 pm »

Did you try reinstalling?

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 09:29:16 pm »

At least ten times.

I have it up and running again, sort of, after reverting to a clean install of 31.0.29, which immediately upgraded back to 31.0.32.  I restored my backup.  Now, I get crashes when navigating, but there usually now is a “restore” option in addition to the “terminate” and “wait” options that i previously was dumped into.  When the “restore “ option appears, it does succeed at bringing the application back to life. When that option is not there, I have to terminate and restart. 

At the moment, I can live with this, but it was a lot of work.is there any possibility that the autoupgrade corrupted my settings or library?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 09:54:57 pm »

Does MC disappear  or just become unresponsive?

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 10:19:05 pm »

Does MC disappear  or just become unresponsive?

Just becomes unresponsive.  I at first got the Windows “application is not responding” error dialogue, giving me the choice of terminating the application or waiting to see if it responds.  The last few times, though, I got a third choice, i.e., to “restore the application,” in addition to those two.  The “restore “ function seems to work okay, at least for now.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 06:42:43 am »

That isn't a crash.  It's a hang.  Let it run. 

Configure Windows Defender. 

Are you using any other antivirus?

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
Re: Current version hangs
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 12:24:42 pm »

Yes, sorry for the imprecise language.

I am using Norton AV.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 01:14:42 pm »

Uninstall it, just to test.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 11:54:43 pm »

Uninstall it, just to test.

Seems to be stable now or, at least, restartable using the Windows “restore” function.  Not sure what was up, honestly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up