INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charging for Servers  (Read 418 times)

bulldogplec

• Recent member
Charging for Servers
« on: June 05, 2023, 03:39:49 am »

I paid for software and now you are asking for more money to pay for an upgrade I don't want or lose features in current software I have already paid for.

This is wrong. You don't state this pre purchase and what's stopping you from doing this again. For people not wanting to upgrade you should continue to make their software fully functional or refund them. Do the right thing and offer a refund for people you don't want latest version or make sure previous versions remain in tact.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Charging for Servers
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 06:34:12 am »

The servers cost us a significant amount of money to run.  We provided you access to them at no additional charge for several years.  If you want continued access, you need to upgrade. 

Otherwise, the software works. 

It's not expensive to upgrade and you can skip a few versions if you want to.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135680.0.html

bulldogplec

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 03:11:39 pm »

I should at least be able to rip cds to libary but that doesnt work anymore. Im not asking for extra features , just the features I paid for.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 03:57:47 pm »

The software that you licensed still works.  You can still rip.  You can enter your own data and get cover art from the Internet.

Your use of the data on our servers was free for several years, but no longer is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up