INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not seeing podcasts in the tree  (Read 424 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Not seeing podcasts in the tree
« on: August 08, 2023, 08:19:15 am »

i just enabled podcasts from the settings, but am not seeing any place to actually add them.  The wiki says to select podcasts in the tree, but I do no see it there.

What am I missing?
pretend this is something funny

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
Re: Not seeing podcasts in the tree
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 01:17:47 pm »

Podcasts have their own sub-node under the top level Streaming node in the Tree.  Note you also must have the Streaming box checked under Options/General/Advanced to see it.

I'll take this opportunity to request podcasts have their own top-level node in the Tree.

The podcast sub-node is at the very bottom of the dozen+ options for radio streaming, which you then have to expand to see all your podcasts.  Podcasts having their own top-level Tree node seems justified given that one might have 50 to 100 different podcasts in their queue.

Any possibility for this enhancement Matt?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 01:44:21 pm »

Thank you.  Having to turn on streaming to see podcasts, which I intend to download and not stream isn't very intuitive, so adding it as a main tree node would help us both, so consider your request seconded :)
pretend this is something funny

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 03:29:09 pm »

There was some nagging about this years ago (I was one of them  ::)) when this change was made and podcast were hidden under streaming. At that time pleas to restore the position was politely rejected  ;D

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 04:32:18 pm »

There was some nagging about this years ago (I was one of them  ::)) when this change was made and podcast were hidden under streaming. At that time pleas to restore the position was politely rejected  ;D

You know, I thought podcasts were in the top level at one point.  I guess I listen to podcasts more regularly now, and had forgotten it's Tree location was changed.

Another interesting thing is that Cloudplay is most definitely streaming, but it resides as its own item in the Tree top level, without any sub-nodes to boot.  Seems like for consistency it should also be under the Streaming node.  I'm not actually advocating for that, given that Cloudplay is essentially a premium feature now (you must have a recent MC version installed in order to use it) it should have/direct easy access.

But for many users podcasts are very important, and easy access (not having to expand multiple nodes) to get to them would be desirable. JRiver is renowned for listening to their users, and 3 users right here are hoping for this change, perhaps it will be considered?

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 11:04:04 pm »

I get all of my podcasts through MC. I like where the tree location is now.

You can make a root podcast tree item and make it so podcasts appear there in a custom view after you have downloaded them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up