INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Channels  (Read 396 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Update Channels
« on: August 12, 2023, 07:34:49 am »

I have to say I am starting to get tired. I always install stable version. now version 43 is out. until recently it always updated. but it dont. normally I just have to start the program and then installation process start. but it dont.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Update Channels
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 07:40:11 am »

I have to say I am starting to get tired. I always install stable version. now version 43 is out. until recently it always updated. but it dont. normally I just have to start the program and then installation process start. but it dont.

Help>Update Channels>Select "Latest"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 07:44:24 am »

You can learn about update channels here:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 08:02:35 am »

I have set the update to stable version. If I choose latest...I get a less stable version(it says). but version 43 is available from the official download link now and that means it is the latest stable version. so it should auto update, right? I tried to choose latest on my other desktop... and it got installed. But Am I wrong here? official link is the stable version and should get installed when choosing update stable version inside jriver app or normally just autoupdate when app is set to update stable version. ( this is what is written in wiki too).

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 08:36:00 am »

Maybe something is not working as it should...when choosing latest it get installed like Bryan suggesting. So to get latest stable version one have to choose latest and not stable in update setting in jriver to get the latest stable version.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 09:26:14 am »

We sometimes delay automated updates by a day just to sniff out any last-minute problems. Its nothing to worry about. Just trying to deliver the most stable experience.

31.0.43 should be showing up in auto-update now, and in fact it does over here when checking stable.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 10:49:11 am »

Hendrik thank You for this information. Now I know why. You guys are very thorough. Thatīs good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up