INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play random files without adding to the library  (Read 211 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Play random files without adding to the library
« on: August 13, 2023, 01:52:59 am »

Seem like an obvious task. I am sifting though external files in thumb drives etc. So I hit play to see if they are fine and if they are any better than what I have.  Sometimes no so I delete, if yes I copy them my @import audio folder to get picked up.

However JRiver seems to want to automatically add each file I play as a new library file. I don't want that - I have to delete the entries after playing.

Simple enough - turn this 'feature' off? But I can't find that setting in the library, configure Auto-import... am I missing something? how can I turn this behaviour off?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play random files without adding to the library
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 01:56:10 am »

It's optional.  Check your settings.

Search for import when played or similar.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Play random files without adding to the library
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 02:55:11 am »

Thank you Jim - it's in general settings, I was hunting around in settings for library.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas
Pages: [1]   Go Up