INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "You Can't load your own server" Can't get library server to load on remote PC  (Read 343 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen

So, until the latest couple of updates I was able to load my music library on a remote PC running JRiver (the same version) by entering the "key" in the 'add library', but, now when I try it I get the above message.  I don't get it, what am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.  I hope I am explaining this OK.  I am not sure what is different now but, it is frustrating.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Are you using the Access Key for the server you want to use?  It's not the Access Key from the computer you're using.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen

I don't have media server running on the remote machine but, I still get that message when I load the library from my main PC running my main JRiver Library.  I hope that answers the question.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen

I think that this usually happens when the remote machine and the server machine both have the same access key. Check the key on the main server and then make sure that your remote machine isn't accidently set to use the same access key.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up