INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting Data from a previous version  (Read 370 times)

jhamilton9

• Recent member
Converting Data from a previous version
« on: August 14, 2023, 06:15:21 pm »

Every time a new version is available I have a terrible experience making a seamless transition on my Mac. I've backed up my old library to the desktop but can't convert the old data into the newer program. Can someone please help me with this issue?

Cheers

FrostyCanada

• Recent member
Re: Converting Data from a previous version
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 08:11:48 pm »

Hello J, please search JRiver’s wiki for “converting data from a previous version” they really provide the step by step.

There’s a folder on your Mac that contains all the “look and feel, playlist, etc” you have setup in JRiver. The folder is located on your Mac @: user/your name/documents/JRiver/Media Center/Library Backups ==> zip files.

1) If your current version is say Media Center 29, and you want to upgrade to Media Center 31 then the best way would be to create a new folder on your MAC called “Media Center 31” and to copy over the last backup zip file from Media Center 29 into folder of Media Center 31.

2) Buy and install your new Media center version (don’t delete the old media Center) + install your new license.

Important: after Installing and launching the new version of Media Center in the  “action window” on bottom left the software will execute a  search for music to import (cancel this).

3) You will need to point JRiver to backup library from the main library using “back-up and restore” which will point JRiver to your “Media Center 29” library. It is Important to click both options “restore library and playlist” and “restore settings”.

Hope this help you.

Kindest regards,
Brian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 12:50:02 am »

You should be able to restore a backup from a previous version in MC31.  There's a wiki topic on Backup and Restore.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 09:57:37 am »

I've backed up my old library to the desktop but can't convert the old data into the newer program. Can someone please help me with this issue?

All you need to do is, on MC31:

File > Library > Restore Library > (choose your backup file here)

After it finishes, restart MC for good measure. Done.

Enjoy,
Brian.

jhamilton9

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 03:26:47 pm »

Thks Brian for the info. I'll try and make it work.

Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up