INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange problem with bluetooth  (Read 321 times)

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Strange problem with bluetooth
« on: August 18, 2023, 10:29:49 am »

I need help.

I installed a new wifi card that also allows bluetooth.
I've created a new zone that uses bluetooth as audio device in wasapi mode. Only if I open an audio file, everything works fine, while in the case of video files I get the classic message that something went wrong. The DSP is all in default, but I tried to make some changes but got nothing.

I also tried to select bluetooth as audio device in Direct Sound mode, but not in this way the audio file doesn't start at all while the video one starts but you can't hear the audio.

Where am I wrong?

Thanks for your help

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Strange problem with bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 07:05:22 pm »

Look at sample rate, typically a lot of Bluetooth devices are single sample rate, either 48khz or 44.1khz.
In your case an audio file plays OK - is it a 44.1khz file?
Video files normally have a 48khz sample rate for the audio tracks so if they don't play it may be that your Bluetooth device is a 44.1khz only device.
To check, open the Windows sound settings and check the supported sample rates in the 'Advanced' tab of the device properties.
If it is a single sample rate device then just set MC DSP 'Output Format' to the same output sample rate for all possible input sample rates.
However, you also say that DirectSound isn't working correctly either, in that case the Windows mixer usually handles the sample rate conversion so you may have another issue entirely.
If you still can't get it to work perhaps post a few more details of your Windows, MC settings and the Bluetooth device.
Good luck.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Strange problem with bluetooth
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 09:35:55 am »

Video files normally have a 48khz sample rate for the audio tracks so if they don't play it may be that your Bluetooth device is a 44.1khz only device.

Thanks, that was exactly the problem.

In Settings>DSP I changed the 48khz input to 44.1khz and now everything works in Wasapi mode :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up