INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming MCH FLAC  (Read 386 times)

dieholzblaeser

Streaming MCH FLAC
« on: August 25, 2023, 01:57:49 am »

Hi Music lovers,

I'm streaming my music from my NUC to the Anthem 740-8K and I want to know what's wrong??
Stereo works great, the sound is fantastic via upnp!! Unfortunately, when I play multi-channel music (FLAC 5.1 & 4.0), it only comes out in stereo. Is that due to JRiver or the protocol or the Anthem AVR or, right?? Can someone answer that for me or is it basically not possible?? Where is the problem?? This works perfectly via HDMI (5m away), but I have the impression that it just sounds better wirelessly :-)))) Thank you for your answers already!

? Willy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming MCH FLAC
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 02:33:43 am »

The server can convert audio.  You can change that on the server.

Tools > Options > Media Network > Configure DLNA Servers.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Streaming MCH FLAC
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 05:23:11 am »

I am not familiar with the Anthem 740-8k, but in my experience there are very few AVRs that will accept multichannel audio over DLNA.
The only one I know that comes to mind is the Sony 1080 (or something like that).
I've always found this odd, that multichannel amps do not accept multichannel streaming.

There are a few Blu-ray players that do, including my Oppo 203 (but not gapless over DLNA).

JRiver is capable of streaming multichannel FLAC and DSD over DLNA, so this shouldn't be the issue nor the UPnP/DLNA protocol itself.
But as I say I am not familiar with the Anthem and I cannot find anything about UPnP/DLNA in their user manual.
Pages: [1]   Go Up