INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not sure what happened, but a ton of my artists just disappeared from my library  (Read 455 times)

kritike24

• Junior Woodchuck

i loaded jriver on one of my clients to play music from a playlist and the playlist only showed 3 files, i thought maybe i was on a different player or something. i end up trying on another client same thing, so i went on the server and same thing. i then checked the library that houses those files that were included in that playlist and a ton of artists are gone. i have my files stored on a nas and the jriver server is running with the program and server at all times. the files in question plus all the other artists missing are still in their respective locations. i did restart all of my network devices, router, switches,etc. yesterday and today. is there a log file that will show me what happened and why all my files were gone from library? if it was bc of the network, is there a way that if say the mapped drive disconnects that it still holds the file and i would have to delete them from the lbirary manually? i have the network shares mapped all as drives. being that all the files seem to be in their locations, i am ruinning an import and it is adding files to the library. thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

MC has a setting for whether to remove files when a drive is disconnected.  Search the options window.

marko

• MC Beta Team

The setting referenced is part of your 'Auto-import' setup, and that's not covered by the settings search. It's in the list of auto-import 'Tasks', and should be set to "protect files on missing drives".

kritike24

• Junior Woodchuck

i have that checked off, yes and protect on missing drives. that is why i am not sure it happened

kritike24

• Junior Woodchuck

@JimH do you know where exactly ?

maid

I've also enabled that option, but if one of my drives isn't connected, the next time I open MC, a bunch of files reappear, and I have to retag them all.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up