INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uninstalling jriver and reinstall  (Read 631 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
uninstalling jriver and reinstall
« on: October 02, 2023, 04:25:14 pm »

It looks like I am not able to throughly uninstall JRiver. Also I use iobit uninstaller which have always been good at remove residues so one can get a clean install again. Now I also get a message from jriver why. I had version 43 and I updated it to 61 through jriver update(within the program). Then every time I start a movie after a few seconds one get two repeated frames. And also when I installed 61 ...it took av very long time and the jriver picture just was present  on the screen...and after a while it finally came. so I wanted to reainstall to see if it would fix it.

also now when I install it again...one always have to activated/registrate it...but it is already registrered..and so there is not notification email telling how many times left. It look like something happened when I choose to update it...since it froze or something and then finally came about. (when it just said install and the jriver program was just on screen and it took a lot of time..I checked in task manager and the where no cpu activity...just after a good while it finally finalyzed the install.

hmmm...just reinstalled windows ...looks like I have to do it again.

why will it not uninstall properly so I get a fresh install and not preregistrered? strange.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: uninstalling jriver and reinstall
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 04:47:16 pm »

just tested it ....some hand motion and or small objects in motion ..is not even..it give stutter..

looks like something went wrong...which can not be fixed...only hope is windows reinstallation...last time I encountered similar problems..even that did not solve such problems..strange..

I have uninstalled just via windows own uninstall...same..result..a installed jriver ..no registration needed...

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 03:13:22 pm »

reinstalled windows...but now I have to tick off videoclock and accelerated boxes to not get repeated and dropped frames.

Also one thing I noticed compare to version 61 is that in sdr it hit the rendering only around 7 and 9 ms, but on version 43...it lay around 13 and 15 ms...and on the same movie. but in 43 when I tick off tricubic feature it lower to around the same as version 61. Is not that a bit odd, so large discrepency?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 03:45:24 pm »

funny ...also now ...benchmark is back where it used to nearly...8000 -8250...near the 8300 - 8650 I used to get.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 12:59:00 am »

When you say "tic off", do you mean that you are ticking the checkbox or not ticking it?  If you mean that you are ticking it, you could just say "tick" or "check".

Saying that Videoclock is set to "on" or "off" might be easier.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 03:05:20 pm »

Sorry for the mistake. I meant ticked on or activate. I now need both ticked on...videoclock and hardware accelerated decoder..only then I dont get dropped or repeated frames...before I did not need to do this...I interpret this as not as it should be since I did not need it before...only long ago early 2022 or something. But it solve the problem.

I use killdisk to erase my ssd system disk everytime I do a reinstalll Are there any better way to throughly clean ssd disk?...I think this could maybe be related to the mainboard software or someting.

Maybe reinstall bios?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 06:10:00 pm »

no need to tick on videoclock just the box above..hardware accelerated videodecode....then no repeated frames..

but also now i reinstalled videodriver with latest studiodriver...and when I start the nvidiapanel..the tv "jumps" from filmmakermode to aps mode which is the default mode when one resets the tv...this was not like this before..but i never encounter that one only needed the HW acccelerated videodecode...and not just videoclock...earlier when I corrected such problems it was mostly enough to tick videoclock...if I remember correctly.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2023, 05:36:51 pm »

Jim. Is it possible to reset my restore count. I Am at 0 now. I Am having different problems. Now my gpu is spinning on a fixed speed even if I use msi afterburner to adjust it manually. Last time I had this problem I had to reinstall windows again. Just did that a couple of times.

also after installing jriver I now always have to load in presets two times before it gets loaded. strange.

also it has been a long time since a stable build being released, is there a reason for that, or is just the regular one have to get "there" before it is released as stable?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 06:41:23 am »

I've reset your restores.  You can extend them by using the full 30 day trial period and the Install Key.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 09:04:12 am »

Thank You
Pages: [1]   Go Up