INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visiting friends: "Drop"-Streaming?  (Read 332 times)

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
Visiting friends: "Drop"-Streaming?
« on: October 15, 2023, 07:49:21 am »

I just have read the new feature in Microsofts Edge called "Drop" to share files.

What about streaming files this way from one MC to Edge/MC from another user? I'm thinking about visiting friends and searching for an easy way of streaming my local FLAC-files from my notebook to the audio-computer of a friend without copying it using an USB-stick. Like inserting a CD, it should go as easily. Technically, a way could be the ad hoc network; but the question is, if it's possible to install such a network quick and easy just with a kind of "Drop", i.e. without entering any IP-adresses, passwords...?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Visiting friends: "Drop"-Streaming?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 08:16:24 am »

DLNA would work for that. 

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Visiting friends: "Drop"-Streaming?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 08:41:25 am »

Thanks for the fast answer.

DLNA is another technical way, sure. But custumers concerns are GUI and usability and with DLNA you still have to handle it. Despite this, a DLNA-client has access to the hole music collection, otherwise you have to configure it - that's not practicable if you only have few times during a short visit.

Despite this, MCs access key is a nice and quick feature, but unfortunately there is no full version of MC for Android available (only Gizmo/JRemote); it would really be great if you could offer it!

I had the following in mind: After selecting some files only to click a kind of "Drop", select the other PC/Tablet (like the available wireless networks) and begin streaming - without entering IPs and Passwords/keys at all (the receiving computer only has to confirm).
Pages: [1]   Go Up