INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.113 beta  (Read 13810 times)

dragyn

Re: Media Center 9.0.113 beta
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2003, 12:41:51 pm »

Something is wrong with skinning. I've reinstalled a couple times but the buttons sometimes are not drawn.

Skinning is disabled right now and the volposthumb image is missing. sometimes it's the stop/play/controlbar, etc.  A complete shutdown/restart will fix it. Maybe a memory leak?

Just started noticing it in this build.

Media Center Registered 9.0.113 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 39 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2003, 12:44:08 pm »

• Fixed: MP3 Encoder settings are broken again.  If you select "custom" and press advanced, you get the quality selection dialog instead of the custom command line dialog.

• New: Taking Media Server Options causes the server to crash.
  • New: Libraries cataloged before this release lost their locations and had to be recataloged.

• Converter won't convert to UNC destination directory.  Says "Failed" for each track but updates the Filename property as though it had completed.
  • The YADB track lookup will only work in small batches.  I just tried a batch of 14 track from "Neko Case" "Blacklisted" and got the last 4 tracks only.  Had to go back and do 4 at a time to get them all.
  • Data CD writes on my Sony drive fail with "Can't start the write.", "Failed: Open session. Invalid field in parameter list".  Data CD writes to the TDK drive work fine.  The drive is on its way to JohnT.
  • "Decode files directly to CD" is both on the main CD writer settings page and the settings sub-page but the checkboxes aren't synchronized.
  • Now that you can get past the "Invalid Media Server Information" message box when searching for media servers, I still get multiple duplicate replies from the server if either the server or client have multiple network interfaces.  
  • When the media server responds to a search, it responds with the first interface it's bound to even if that interface isn't reachable by the client that issued the search request.   My server has 2 interfaces, one private, one public.  My laptop is on the public network.  I issue a search from the laptop and the server responds with the name and ip address of the private interface which the laptop can never reach.  Combined with the previous problem, I can get 4 responses for the private interface, all useless.
  • If the client actually gets only 1 response, it tries to connect immediately.  It should problably give you an option to see the response and confirm that you want to connect to it.
  • If you cancel out of the list box with the responses you get a "failed to connect" message and you get dumped into the default library instead of the library you were originally connected to.
  • Column widths aren't saving again.  You have to drag the column separator twice to get the first change to stick.
  • When "Decode directly to CD" is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn.  
  • In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.
  • Can't turn off tooltips for the drop target and player controls.
  • Analyze audio during rip doesn't do anything.
  • When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)
  • Ripping in digital secure mode hangs near the end of the last audio track if there is also a data track on the cd.  Have to cancel, wait for everything to release, then rip the last track in digital large buffer mode.  

Media Center Registered 9.0.113 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 2367 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 376 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
     Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2003, 03:05:33 pm »

Matt...

The new Automatic List Style is quite nice. I've been using it a for an hour or so, and I can report it is working without problem. I happened to be working with some images today and was listening to music. And it really got me thinking. I wrote this "step-by-step" so you can see what evolved.

1. Earlier I posted my desire to select "Artist" rather than "Album Artist (Auto)" for thumbnail grouping.

2. Matt and I have been chatting, and he prefers to engineer things carefully to minimize the number of options. Too many options can get messy. There is a balance, and maybe if you feel you need an option, you should look at the problem in a different way.

3. I was using the Automatic List Style and found I wanted Artist / Album grouping. I was going to submit a request to provide "Automatic (Album group if logical)".

4. I noticed that the phrase "(Album group if logical)" is a bit of a misnomer. It doesn't accurately represent the style of the list - which has two levels of grouping, Artist and Album.

5. I saw I had an "Artist / Album" View Scheme and suddenly connected this to "(Album group if logical)".

6. I considered a new way of doing the grouping, and I checked to make sure it was consistent with what's there now. If I select "Thumbnails (Album group if logical)" and view a Playlist, the entries are never grouped.

Here's the concept. The new List Styles would be:
   Automatic
   Automatic (View Scheme)
   Details
   Thumbnails
   Thumbnails (View Scheme)

This does so many things for the List Style feature it makes my mouth water. First, it inherently solves the issue of whether grouping should be by "Artist" or "Album Artist (Auto)". And it goes way farther than that.

With either "(View Scheme)" List Style, if I click on the top level of a View Scheme, the contents would group based on all the View Scheme Components. I'll bet 98% of users have an "Artist / Album" View Scheme since it's a program default. You click on the top of it and you get the grouping that is now "(Album group if logical)".

But :D if you click on a different View Scheme, you get the thumbnails grouped according to it's way of looking at the library. It's so cool... it brings the component ordering and tree structure into the visual world!

To make it the most useful, if I have a View Scheme expanded and select a child entry at any level, the grouping would be based on all Component entries below that level. And it should definitely have a hotkey. Ctrl+R for "Rotate List Style" feels right somehow.

From what I see in the List Styles behavior now, this concept seems like it would fit quite well into the List Style code you've already written. And I can't help thinking that the resulting code would be satisfyingly elegant... do you guys use consultants ever?

I want it... I want it real bad...   8)

Hey, team. I think it's fair to say this beta test has had its ups and downs for all of us. I really like this idea, and I think it would be of tremendous benefit to everyone. So... I have two bottles of carefully cellared 1989 Ch. La Conseillante set aside. If you do this, I'm going to ship one to you. When you get it, I want you to share it some evening. The other bottle? Then night you guys enjoy yours, hopefully with some good cheese and grapes, my wife Sandy will share this one with me. As I've networked my music for the family, she's been part of this Beta Test, too... if ya know what I mean...

Matt, on a personal note, it was a rewarding challenge to engineer "sans Options". The idea that came from it is excellent and almost transparent to today's operation. I think your design philosphy is a good practice to follow, and I'm going to push myself a little harder when decisions about Options come to my desk in the future.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2003, 04:18:08 pm »

Update to my bug about TV audio.  It actually happens every time i change channels!

1.  Change channel, audio stops
2.  Open up "Configure TV..." and hit "Advanced Properties"
3.  Double-click on "TV Tuner...".  TV tuner panel appears and audio starts.  Panel can be cancelled or OK'd with no further effects.

System info same as above
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2003, 05:43:16 pm »

In this build I am still having problems with the updating of fields.

I've played many tracks, and most have not updated their Number of Plays or Last Played fields while running .112 or .113.  The ones that did update I either didn't listen to fully or stopped and resumed.  But, it doesn't seem to be that easy, because I tried to reproduce it and that didn't work.

Is anyone else's Last Played and Number of Plays not updating?

And, with this bulid and maybe the last one too, it seems the amount of errors I get when starting to rip a disc has increased.  Usually, the problem will resolve itself if I close and restart MC.

Dan "da Man"

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2003, 07:00:19 pm »

Is anyone else's Last Played and Number of Plays not updating?

Yes and No...     (.113)

Last Played and Number of Plays is never updated for Image files.

Last Played and Number of Plays is updated if one Audio file is played.

If more than one Audio file is played sequentially, only the last file's Last Played and Number of Plays is updated. No others.

I have detail on Music File Cutoff at the end

The cutoff occurs EXACTLY when the last byte is read into the buffer for the last song. If you play several songs, you'll see the count go to -5 or -6 before each ends. At precisely the same time, the last song in a list stops playing. "The file's been read, so the song is over"... but there are six seconds of music still in the buffer.

If you play only one song, the last six seconds are always dropped, which is consistent behavior.

A thought: Might these two be related? Both failures' circumstances are the same.

Spiffy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2003, 07:13:59 pm »

Media Center quits playing about 4 or 5 seconds before the end of the last song in Playing Now. It does this if there is only one file in Playing Now or multiple files in Playing Now.

If there are songs in the Playing Now list and play is stopped at that moment, and I double click on a new song to be played, it just adds it to the list, but does not start playing it. I have Double Click behavior set to Add to Playing Now (play now), so it should start playing immediately. If there is a song playing at that moment, the correct behavior is exhibited when a new song is double clicked. That is, it is added to Playing Now and starts playing immediately.

When adding a new named preset to the Equalizer, if you it the same as an existing, it lists it twice. If you mod it again, three times, etc... Closing the DSP window and reopening shows the correct list without the duplicate entries.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 795 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX160E     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

smackbadger

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2003, 07:19:16 pm »

Bug: Trying to open the options dialog in Download Manager causes it to crash.

Media Center Registered 9.0.113 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1736 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 157 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2003, 08:11:13 pm »

Bugs:

1. Very Very Random but still there>Resize Mega_Me somtimes cause Album image in Visualization to revert to default(MJ surfer) image. Note images stored in files. Album image returns if cycle to next vis and back or on track change.

2. Last track in play list cuts off at very end like MC doesn't know what to do if it dosen't have another track to crossfade to so it just kills the audio. Almost goes away if set to standard/gapless playback. Most  noticeable with crossfade/aggressive and a song that does not fade at end.
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2003, 12:35:00 am »

A few things that seem odd with this build:

• I tried to install the chart finder plugin (downloaded a little while ago) but no plugins node appears in the tree.
  • Most other bugs that were reported by me for 9.0.104 are still open. [link]http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1043882523;start=24#24[/link]

Looking forward to some fixes of these!

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

HansWei

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2003, 12:52:29 am »

a few things I have found with 113:

CD Labeler
1. "Use Cover Art" isnt working at all
2. "Use image from file:" working and shown correctly on screen but printed 180 Degrees rotated when using "Generic with fold-over front"  :-/

Analyze Audio
For me still not working, Files are encoded with Lame (external); MJ8 values are recognized, if I clear them all values are calculated except replay gain. Files will still show up as "to be analyzed".  ?
Cheers and thanks for this great program  ;D Hans.

anvil

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2003, 02:47:35 am »

Thanks for the effort on MC9  :)
However , I meet a time-expired problem with the 9.0.113 beta.
I don't know why but I'm eager to taste the beta. Somebody help me?

Thank you all.

Anna_Dambrogi

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2003, 03:45:22 am »

Hi !
1)
After formatted my pc ( w2000 sp 2) and installed  w2000 sp3, I was reinstalled media center - ver.9.0.105
but
I can't open mpc file - media center say that is  a unsupported file -  but in  plugin manager that appear(mpgplus encoder) and if i download and try to install it, media center crash. ? ?
2) when I surf in allmusic site (find artist info feature)
in some pages appear a error message : error in script -do you want to continue ? yes ( but message continue to appear)
no ( but message continue to appear) and I MUST close Media Center. ? ?

Before reistallation, I dont'have that errors - nothing errors. :-[
Can you help me or I stay for a new release with  fixed bug ?
ciao from Italy
Anna

AllanY

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2003, 05:27:34 am »

I've had a minor display problem where a scrollbar has not appeared when it was required. After some testing it would appear that if a folder has a file with a name of about sixty characters or more, then no scrollbar appears for that folder. The folder/file list can still be navigated using the keyboard.

Allan

Media Center Registered 9.0.113 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1539 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 88 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  No burners found.

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2003, 06:10:25 am »

BUGS

• Tracks that have "other" characters in them (i.e. Tool's Aenima) do not show up correctly.  For Tool, the album name shows enima instead of (AE)nima (I don't know what that char is called).  

• D-click in the MC no longer plays (again).  I have to R-click and select play.

• Can't burn!  I don't receive any type of error msg.  What happens is that if I click on the "Burn CD" dialog and click on the Audio CD option, MC shows "Analyzing Devices" and slows to a crawl.  If I let it finish, it shows the burner drive and adds EVERY track in my library to the CD!  This is also while wildly accessing my HD.  If I click out of the CD drive MC seems to return to normal, but this makes it IMPOSSIBLE to burn.  If I close out MC and open again, and then click on the burner, it starts accessing my HD like crazy!  Any ideas?  If not' I'll have to go back to Nero for a while to burn CD's...

phatrabt

AMD Athlon 1728 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 712 MB

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive V:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2003, 06:30:48 am »

I tried to install the chart finder plugin (downloaded a little while ago) but no plugins node appears in the tree.

I had the same problem, I tried going back to prior versions and they blew up on install.. Then installed 113 again, when it installed plugins where there again.

I would try to install 113 again (that may have been the fix)..
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2003, 06:49:31 am »

ASIO Problems

Using the ASIO Multimedia Driver, MC will play just fine until I try to load an mp3 outside of MC (e.g., via a file manager).  Then it will start giving me the following error:  ASIOMME.DLL already loaded!  It will continue to do this until I shut MC down and restart it whereupon it will be fine again until I try loading an mp3 (or m3u, et al.) outside of MC.

AMD Athlon 1732 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 366 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
Toast goes in the toaster.

smackbadger

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2003, 07:10:42 am »

BUG:  Insert a CD (YADB lookup fails).  Select the CD to list the tracks.  Eject the CD.  Reinsert the CD while still selecting the CD drive.  Boom!  MC crashes every time.

BUG: View Web Media.  Click play on any station and you get this pop-up window:  Waring - Please select file(s) to play.

BUG: Start.  Click on "For the latest MC news click here" and you get this pop-up window: Information - Failed to install package.  More Info:  Failed to unzip file 'C:\DOCUME~1\...\LOCALS~1\Temp\default_v9.zip'

BUG:  Submitted 79 tracks to YADB.  Statistics page didn't update and I can't retrieve the info.  Actually, I've never had a single track info lookup from YADB work.  You'd think that with 155,533 individual tracks I'd have one of them...

Don't get me wrong, I love MC (at least when it's not crashing), but at some point are you guys going to stop adding major new features and actually make this a Beta Test.  

-smackbadger

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2003, 03:09:09 pm »

CD Riping

Trying To Rip A CD

Artist: James Taylor
Album: Hourglass

Songs Listed 12
Songs On CD 13

MC9 will crash everytime when trying to rip track #13

it however plays Track #13 just fine

I can reproduce it and have done so 5 times

I have rebooted the system and it still crashes on this track.

==================================
Using Media Player 9 To Rip It does Not Crash
==================================

Intel Pentium 4 1798 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 522 MB, Free - 219 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\Media\Windows XP Hardware Remove.wav

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-40125S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2003, 05:02:55 pm »

Maybe a Bug, maybe just a matter of taste

Cannot insert text into 'Find Music' without going through Wizard. Ditto, trying to clear field.

I know this has been discussed before. If you're taking a vote, mine is in favor of permitting me to enter my own search terms without scrambling through the various menus. Sometimes more is less, and vice-versa.

HTH

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2003, 05:24:38 pm »

Bug

Set up a second library with selected audio files from default library. Used the convert tool in 2d library to transcode APE to VBR. On completion, files appear in 2d library with proper bitrate and file size.

Returning to default library, files still showed with old bitrates and sizes. Selected update library, and those files disappear from library entirely.

Was able to restore the transcoded files with the import tool. However, shouldn't changes reflected in one library also be changed in the default library? Otherwise, conforming them seems a bit complex.

Or is there another way to do it that I'm missing?

HTH

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2003, 08:36:05 pm »

BUG:  Can Not Load/Restore Media Library
After updating to 113, I backed up my main media library before creating a new one.

Used the new library to work on a small subset of files.  When I was finished, I found that I could not re-load my main library.

Tried closing MC9 and restarting.  

Still can not load my main library, nor can I restore from the backup I made less than an hour ago (much less any older backups), although I can reload the new temp library.

So.... is there any chance that I'll be able to reload my main library with the next beta release?  Or should I just resign myself to re-importing my media, and creating my smartlists yet again!? ?

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2003, 12:06:16 am »

Hello,

The fields:
 Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, Type, Composer
remain inaccessible for read or write through IMJFileAutomation in 9.0.113.
They are also inaccessible in the visualisation studio and Track info

Also note that in IMJFileAutomation the field : Filename,  has a new behavior since 9.0.088(?), it returns filename ONLY if the file is physicaly present

Regards
PhDSM  

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2003, 04:18:51 am »

I have set-up, wave mapper and ASIO in different Zones, and I can't really tell the difference in audio quality when I swithch between the zones.  Not even with audio CDs.  However ASIO is a lot less stable, especially with internet streams.

Also, Direct Sound only outputs to the front two channels bypassing the Audigy Surround Sound and digital effects software.  If I attempt to use the MC9 DSP effects and JRSS it does map to all of my 4 channels, but sounds like crap.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2003, 04:26:50 am »

After installing MC 9.0.113 my toolbar customizations have disappeared.

Also the new WMP9 componenet installer puts unnesessary duplicate files in the "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player" directory.  I have not encountered any problems after removing everything from that directory.  All the nesessary WMP9 plugins must be duplicated in various system directories.

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2003, 05:16:25 am »

I'm not sure if this a bug or just my unfamiliarity with the new burning options. Under the burner DSP options the total volume change shows 0.04 and will not change from this irrespective of how I change the settings. Bug? or me?

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2003, 06:10:30 am »

When playing an avi file view doesn't swith to Playing Now so you can actually view the file.  
My customized toolbar also disappeared!

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2003, 06:45:20 am »

Bugs:

1. Download Manager seems to arbitrarily stop accepting album download requensts from my browser (IE6).

2. Trying to open up "Options" in Download Manager causes it to crash every time.

And a question...is there any way to import my CD/DVD list from one library into another???

Looking real good, boys.

Intel Pentium III 524 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 27 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:ASPI   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 8200    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2003, 10:12:36 am »

pda plugin wont install, but better than microsoft media player. Not only did it not copy an album to my pda but it deleted the album off my hard drive. That's cold blooded >:(

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2003, 10:26:54 am »

Update to my bug about TV audio.  It actually happens every time i change channels!

1.  Change channel, audio stops
2.  Open up "Configure TV..." and hit "Advanced Properties"
3.  Double-click on "TV Tuner...".  TV tuner panel appears and audio starts.  Panel can be cancelled or OK'd with no further effects.

System info same as above

Kurt,

Does this happen when you change channel via Channels window, or via right-click menu? or both?

Yaobing
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up